PSN VNs

Parallel Pain

Two things. 

First is a link to VNDB with the filter on platform = Playstation 4, Playstation 3, PSP and Vita 

Second you'll need a Japanese PSN account and while I think you can buy Japanese PSN credit from places like Play-asia.com if I remember correctly you'll still need a Japanese credit card to open a new Japanese PSN account so you might want to google/research yourself before spending your money.

Alternatively as you suggested, you can buy physical copies from play-asia. It might be better this way you can keep your US PSN account and just insert the physical copies on your PS device.

Unless the game is rated 18+, which is pretty rare, you can buy the digital copy with just the credit bought from play-asia without any trouble. Better yet, PS+ tends to have VNs on it quite often, so you might consider signing up for that - I've gotten Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head this way, among other things. You can also access PSN in your browser on pc, so you can search for (or buy) VNs there. :)

EDIT: I was posting from my phone earlier, sorry for being so brief. To expand a bit on the original post:

You can make a Japanese PSN account without any trouble - you do not need a credit card to do that, and you shouldn't get into any trouble for entering a fake address either. I've been using mine over two years and I've bought quite a lot of games on it, and I haven't gotten into any trouble myself - the same goes for my US PSN account, which I've had even longer. I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble for fake information, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about there - the only thing you should keep in mind is the date of birth you enter - either enter your real one or one that you'll remember easily, since entering it is the only way to get your password reset in case you forget it. You can create your account either on your console or on your PC, it shouldn't really matter where, although I found it a bit easier on consoles.

As for the Playstation Store itself, you can access it from your PC on the following link

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

Here you can look for games, buy games, redeem codes or even queue your downloads for your consoles, it's very useful. It also switched the regions according to the account with which you are signed in, so using multiple accounts isn't a problem either.

Hope this helps!