Nisekoi Yomeiri!? PS Vita Discussion

Revyateil

I haven't seen any Nisekoi Yomeiri thread, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough, so anyone have read this? I know it's pretty recent but any thoughts or reviews about it? And maybe spoilers for some of the routes  ^_^ (particularly Tsugumi's)? Sadly, I can't read japanese, so that's the only reason I wanted some spoilers.

Also, what do you think of PS Vita VNs? Can it be translated? Do you guys think it will take a really long time to know how to extract or change the data inside the game or whatever you have to do so the game can be translated? Is it possible to do it?

2014-12-06-002859.jpg

I've run through Chitoge's route. It's as great as I thought it'd be. You sure you want spoilers though? It does kinda ruin it, I feel like, if I just spoiled stuff. Rest assured it's as great as the anime in terms of playfulness.

The game amounts to you, Raku, spending time with whoever you want, and when you get to a certain amount of, "affection points," I suppose I'll call it, you get to the main conflict, with events that come before accumulating for that main event with the character.

Chitoge's is goes: she makes a wish at a shrine (that fox girl, Otama, which is a god of sorts at that shrine) grants her wish, which she wants to be a more lady-like for Raku. What instead ends up happening, is Otama makes another Chitoge, which they call Mitoge, and she's a copy of Chitoge that's super polite and good at everything. MAYBE YOU CAN SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING. I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH OUT OF ME.

Can it be translated? Yeah, it can, probably with ease as well, since the game is like, 99% voiced. Hacking to have english text is a completely different story though. They'd have to do some serious hacking, since there are portions where you have to put things together to make a word. And uhh, there's a part where you can either answer with "リーダー" (leader) or "ダーリン" (darling), and depending on which answer, you'll get different responses.

The game amounts to you, Raku, spending time with whoever you want, and when you get to a certain amount of, "affection points," I suppose I'll call it, you get to the main conflict, with events that come before accumulating for that main event with the character.

Chitoge's is goes: she makes a wish at a shrine (that fox girl, Otama, which is a god of sorts at that shrine) grants her wish, which she wants to be a more lady-like for Raku. What instead ends up happening, is Otama makes another Chitoge, which they call Mitoge, and she's a copy of Chitoge that's super polite and good at everything. MAYBE YOU CAN SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING. I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH OUT OF ME.

Oh damn, sounds really interesting though, maybe I should really try to learn japanese intead of just waiting for it to be translated. How long was chitoge's route though? Overall, how long do you think the whole VN is?

Well, make sure you'll be able to get your hands on the game in the first place.

How long was chitoge's route though? Overall, how long do you think the whole VN is?

Chitoge's route in particular, I wouldn't say very long at all, though I think there's some luck involved, and also depends on how much you screw up.

2014-12-06-091456.jpg

You need to fill up the keys at the bottom to 100, (the rate can be slow, or it can be super fast, I've gotten like, 10 at once before.) Getting more keys unlocks more of their information (which isn't terribly important, from what I've seen, just a nice touch.) You have a month of in-game time to do it, it seems like. Getting 100 gets you the final event, where serious stuff happens.

Shouldn't be terribly long though, it's like, shorter than your average VN, (it felt like,) and the final scene is just a fair bit longer than the others.

maybe I should really try to learn japanese intead of just waiting for it to be translated.

Yeah, sure. My Japanese level isn't THAT great, so I missed things here and there, but I got most of the important pieces of story, like the conflict, the argument sections, and how it was resolved. About 99% of the game is voiced, which makes understanding it almost a walk in the park. The only issue would be the events where you have to argue with another character, but if you really can't do them, you can always just load a save and try other options, though, you can't save when in a scene, has to be on the "field" where you choose who you wanna hang out with. There's also a part where you have to create words... but it seems like, as long as you get the gist, the word can usually come pretty easily to you. They'll throw several letters at you, and you have to pick letters one by one to to respond. (It wasn't as bad as I thought it was.)

2014-12-06-012452.jpg

If you're really not sure if you wanna learn Japanese, here is a scene to make you go, "OH WHAT." So you go, "I GOTTA FIND OUT," and start running to learn JP. Also, I didn't do Remembering the Kanji (I started it, got to about 1000, and failed due to outside issues.) Like I said, most of the game is voiced, and I mostly have experience with slice of life stuff (which is typically overall easier in general) if you can get to a comfortable level in that genre, Yomeiri should at least prove to be an enjoyable experience.

I believe someone on youtube is doing a translation playthrough, similar to zakobot's stuff. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXM_Kyc_gw&list=UU4SSYkTQItWl6U6VU-6IgBA

Awesome, thanks for this! 

About 99% of the game is voiced, which makes understanding it almost a walk in the park.

By 99%, does that mean Raku is also voiced? If yes, this game would be pretty awesome.