Muv Luv

Steve

I just finished my first (Tama) route and I can't express enough how surprised I am. I absolutely loved it!

I don't get why people skip extra or only play the main routes just to get to the other games, this alone was absolutely worth every second of it!

I don't know what the true routes are so no spoilers here wink.gif.

I wanted to skip Sakaki route because I didn't like her much (I don't like those kinds of girls) but after seeing how good the story telling actually is, I might play it.

I just have few questions, is Sakakis route a lot about sport and romance with her or is there a drama there? If its just about that lacross and romancing her I will probably skip it.

Ayamine seems like very interesting and awesome character so I am definitely going that route.

And those 2 main will be very interesting as well, I think ill do Meiya, then Ayamine, then Sumika and then if I decide for Sakaki.

And lastly, is Miki-chwaaan available as route in unlimited and alternative? If so I am so much looking forward to it - please tell me only yes or no, no spoilers or reasons xD.

I just finished my first (Tama) route and I can't express enough how surprised I am. I absolutely loved it!

I don't get why people skip extra or only play the main routes just to get to the other games, this alone was absolutely worth every second of it!

I don't know what the true routes are so no spoilers here wink.gif.

I wanted to skip Sakaki route because I didn't like her much (I don't like those kinds of girls) but after seeing how good the story telling actually is, I might play it.

I just have few questions, is Sakakis route a lot about sport and romance with her or is there a drama there? If its just about that lacross and romancing her I will probably skip it.

Ayamine seems like very interesting and awesome character so I am definitely going that route.

And those 2 main will be very interesting as well, I think ill do Meiya, then Ayamine, then Sumika and then if I decide for Sakaki.

And lastly, is Miki-chwaaan available as route in unlimited and alternative? If so I am so much looking forward to it - please tell me only yes or no, no spoilers or reasons xD.

I don't think Extra is bad, like so many people say. I just think it's nothing special, and would probably be pretty forgettable if it was standalone. On top of that, it's in the same series as Alternative, which IS something special and extremely memorable. It's hard not to compare the two for most people.

That being said, I'm one of those people who only played the 2 main heroines so I could move on... and I can't remember, but I think I skipped most of Meiya's (and Meiya was hands down my favorite heroine by the end of the Muv-Luv series). The romance stories found in the actual routes just aren't my style, but I did enjoy the common route where it wasn't quite so serious, and focused on the humorous side. I'm not bashing them or anything, it's just that I personally do not enjoy them.

I enjoyed Extra for what it did for the overall story, by building up the characters and creating an attachment for the player. If I hadn't played Extra, I probably wouldn't have cared at all for Takeru's struggle (not going into detail to avoid spoilers).

Also, Miki is available as a route in Unlimited. She's not available in Alternative, for which there is a very good reason for. I'll leave that for you to figure out the reasons for, since you asked for no spoilers. :P

Hm, I guess for people who are not into school romance it must be weaker then.

I am probably the biggest lover or school romance so I liked it very much.

Well my favorite VNs are Little Busters and Hoshimemo and I like the romancing parts so much, especially in Kud route and Haruka route in LB.

And in Hoshimemo I loved the Chinami romance, it was really something awesome xD And Mokoko tsun romance as well smile.gif

And ofc Mare, my true love xD

But the point is I can easily compare enjoyment of that route with something like LB or Hoshimemo, it was really good for me.

I love it so long as it's not the only thing going on. It's more of a seasoning for me, rather than the actual meal. :P

For example, I LOVED Little Busters, but that's mostly because there was clearly some serious shit going down behind the scenes and I love that stuff. Also, the humor was pretty rock-solid, which I'm also a huge proponent of.

Oh yeah, I can totally see that. If that's what you enjoy, then by all means. You just asked why the majority bash Extra so much, so I thought I would share my opinion on it. :)

I see. But well thats what Muv Luv seems to me too, romance and there is some weird shit going on in the back and it will probably all lead to the sequels and true end smile.gif Just like LB xD

Like sure there were no mega twist in the Miki route like that she is actually a robot created to destroy the earth (I am just talking out of my ass so if this is actually the true story of Muv Luv then don't tell me! xD)

But neither was in for example Haruka story from LB and people seemed to enjoy that one (I certainly did cry a lake during that one).

I would probably say that the problem is that in LB you HAVE TO finish the other routes, here you don't so people just skip them and with it good parts of the game (and then rate it low?).

Oh also the H - scene was awesome as well (for me), which cant be said about some highly rated VNs

I am thinking if I should start reading this today as I finished the VN I am playing last night~

Well I can definitely recommend it.

And if you go into it, don't go with the attitude "I need to finish this to get to the Alternative".

Maybe that's why people don't enjoy it.

Even if the Alternative might be the superior experience, I will get there eventually and skipping parts of a game I enjoy isn't worth it.

So far after that single route I gave it 9.2 temporary rating.

As I already mentioned In different topic, I never go into VN with high expectations, it is always bad, you will like it less if you expect too much and you will like it that much more if you don't expect anything at all and end up liking it.

I personally count Tama's route as best in Extra, and skipped Sakaki, yes.

Also, Miki is available as a route in Unlimited. She's not available in Alternative, for which there is a very good reason for. I'll leave that for you to figure out the reasons for, since you asked for no spoilers. :P/>/>/>/>

Unlimited "routes" are not much of a routes, more like a "i do ichya-ichya with that girl while staying in the same plot canvas". And Alternative simply has no routes. It is not a spoiler. Linear Plot 2.8 on vndb, openly visible.

Dropped Alternative after

first hive assault

. Ra-a-age. Fuck this shit, i'm outta here. Too much for moefag me. And

Takeru's escape back to his world

is a worst piece of forced drama i ever read. Seriously. First spoiler was just a fatality, main damage did second.

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions on what route shall I play first?

Tama, its the only one I played so far but it was awesome xD Funny, touching, hear-warming, good h-scene and good resolution at the end.

I don't know why people skip it, this route was as enjoyable as routes in games like little busters, hoshimemo etc.

Well I can definitely recommend it.

And if you go into it, don't go with the attitude "I need to finish this to get to the Alternative".

Maybe that's why people don't enjoy it.

Even if the Alternative might be the superior experience, I will get there eventually and skipping parts of a game I enjoy isn't worth it.

So far after that single route I gave it 9.2 temporary rating.

As I already mentioned In different topic, I never go into VN with high expectations, it is always bad, you will like it less if you expect too much and you will like it that much more if you don't expect anything at all and end up liking it.

+1

Don't skip Extra, you will regret it.

Also, I think Ayamine's route has more drama then the rest.

Btw what's the difference between Alternative and Unlimited in terms of story

Difficult to explain w/o spoilers, but Unlimited is lighter.

I don't think you ever see the BETA in Unlimited (Shirogane never fights them), but then again, I have a pretty bad memory

Alternative is darker and has more angst.

You see BETA, you get angst, you find out where Kagami has been this entire time and how she got there.

Difficult to explain w/o spoilers, but Unlimited is lighter.

I don't think you ever see the BETA in Unlimited (Shirogane never fights them), but then again, I have a pretty bad memory

Alternative is darker and has more angst.

You see BETA, you get angst, you find out where Kagami has been this entire time and how she got there.

I see. I don't mind spoilers though. Thanks :D

If you have tons of friends who was able to watch/play/read/whatever a series, people spoiling parts of it is inevitable -.-

But yeah, as much as possible I also want to avoid spoiling stuffs.

Actually it is entirely possible to avoid spoilers even then, Ive been living like that my whole life, as we are not from US we were downloading american TV series and each one of our group of friends watched it in different times and even if the others were discussing it in school or on TS, I somehow always managed to avoid. It even become a joke to give people false spoilers or spoilers that are not really a spoiler (for example after the show : the ending was soooo WTF that I even took my socks off! And then everyone who didn't watch it yet was like... noooo, now I know I will have to take my socks off!...)

Well the point is it is avoidable if people are willing to not deliberately spoil it to you or you don't expect it (like in the ending discussion topic sad.gif I didn't expect anyone to go to details without spoiler tag). But even here I dont enter topics like DC3 anime etc because I never know what people might say there xD.

I usually don't even look at description of the VN, I just look at cover and characters and that is all. Usually I look at sexual content tags to see if it has any or not and sometimes on content tags to see if it is like school comedy or whatever smile.gif

Actually I only look at OP once before I play the game and after I play another route, as I know characters and I could make spoiling connections, I don't look even at OP because it itself usually have CGs from far away in the route xD

And then I love the games so much because I don't expect anything xD

Actually it is entirely possible to avoid spoilers even then, Ive been living like that my whole life, as we are not from US we were downloading american TV series and each one of our group of friends watched it in different times and even if the others were discussing it in school or on TS, I somehow always managed to avoid. It even become a joke to give people false spoilers or spoilers that are not really a spoiler (for example after the show : the ending was soooo WTF that I even took my socks off! And then everyone who didn't watch it yet was like... noooo, now I know I will have to take my socks off!...)

Well the point is it is avoidable if people are willing to not deliberately spoil it to you or you don't expect it (like in the ending discussion topic sad.gif I didn't expect anyone to go to details without spoiler tag). But even here I dont enter topics like DC3 anime etc because I never know what people might say there xD.

I usually don't even look at description of the VN, I just look at cover and characters and that is all. Usually I look at sexual content tags to see if it has any or not and sometimes on content tags to see if it is like school comedy or whatever smile.gif

Actually I only look at OP once before I play the game and after I play another route, as I know characters and I could make spoiling connections, I don't look even at OP because it itself usually have CGs from far away in the route xD

And then I love the games so much because I don't expect anything xD

Those awesome friends. Sad :/

On our circle of friends though, we spoil details just to piss off each other. Which is why it's always better for me to play/read/watch something first before they do. LOL

But sometimes, there are also some animes, LN, VN or manga that I watch/read/play because they spoil me something about it and I want to see how the shit happened. This is why I don't mind spoilers.