Thinkin' about some serious cosplay....

Itsurakoriuki

Harō fuwas

since there are a few coscons in germany I lately decided to put my money into some cosplay. however I got not a single clue on howto cosplay, so feel free to help me ^_^

First off: I dont wan't to make a popular cosplay like goku or eren. But then I can't come up with any good idea, who I do wanna cosplay. Mentioning I would crossdress it and cosplay a female but I am sorta chubby alot so I won't make a female costume.

Still I am not aware on how I should decide which character would fit. Measurement:

breast is 93 cm, my waist 95 cm and my hips 110cm. with a heigh of 1,87cm and some 100+kg

Wether I find something I can cosplay, any tips bout the material use etc.? ik this noob here ain't providing a good amount of ideas. but lets put it as that for now.

Wakare :wub:

Some tips for beginner cosplayers like yourself:

1. Don't be intimidated. I bet you've looked at pictures of other cosplayers before, but don't get intimidated by them. Kit Quinn said "The key to not being intimidated by cosplay is to remember, it's just for fun,"  

2. Use lightweight material for your props. If you use material like foam, it'll be way easier to transport and carry around. Also you wouldn't accidental hurt people who are walking in the crowd.

3. Bring along a repair kit wherever you go. Needles, thread, safety pins, glue gun, extra buttons, etc. When something goes wrong, you won't have to panic.

4. Don't be afraid of the Camekos. Many of them are just hobbyists, and they are as passionate as you are. They will ask for different poses, so do try to think of some beforehand. I also recommend bringing your own camera to take some photos too. 

5. Bring your own water and snacks. The food and drinks sold at cons are really expensive, you don't want to go hungry or be dehydrated.

6. Bring along you friends. The con will most probably be very crowded, you don't want to get lost. Also there is the safety issue. But most importantly, you're gonna have much more fun.

7. Wig caps and bobby pins are your best friends. Whether you want long hair, short hair, wavy hair or anything at all, these will do the trick for you. 

Source: A quick Google search.

Arigato. Well it sums up what I read yet. But still I will comment each section.

But first let me take a selfie....err what...nah. I am male, I want to cosplay male things or lets say I am aiming to that. Most cosplays I've seen are female ones, which I really wont have the body for  D:

1. Sure its for fun, but it should look atleast decent.

2. Guessed so. E.g. for a sword I'd connect 2-3 bamboo sticks and ducktape em sorta.

3. Bring along a repair kit wherever. Well therefore I mainly want to make the costume myself, so I can repair when needed.

4. Don't be afraid of the Camekos? Whats this. Howevs I'd enjoy to pose with others ^^

5. Own supplies. check.

6. Bring along you friends. I don't have friends. And even less who actually cosplay or would be.

7. Wig caps and bobby pins are your best friends. But I doubt I could put some female cosplay out of the chubby male I am D:

I dont know a thing about how to cosplay, but I do completely support you. Cosplay is super interesting and I admire people who do it. If you can't find any help here, I'm sure there are cosplay guides/blogs/communities out there on the internet for you to look into. I dont really know, but I'd spend a while looking around on google and the like. Who knows, maybe someone here knows somewhere or something. You could upload pictures of the process for people to comment on if you wanted (I think that would be super interesting to see, personally), but good luck ^^

Ik ik ikr but I rather start where I am active than applying million places to cp my story. However nice to have your support thought. Process might go here or into my profile. But for missing any idea I cannot start. Yes I have a lot guides etc but I need ppl to speak, to ask, yo interfere not some blog where I don't get the idea of what I am doin'