Koisuru Doll to Omoi no Kiseki ~Poupee de Souhaits~ Translation?

Ah, right. Eh that's a real pain. I wish the ExtractData preserved the filenames. Since it cut off the extension for all the .scr files I thoguht it would do it for them all, but it left .dat it seems.

I'll have to make a specific list then, and those files aren't in the trial, everything in the trial is a .txt. Can you give me a list of everything that isn't a .txt? Or hell, just sending me the scr.aos itself would be really helpful, then I can test myself. The file shouldn't be too big I hope.

Ah, right. Eh that's a real pain. I wish the ExtractData preserved the filenames. Since it cut off the extension for all the .scr files I thoguht it would do it for them all, but it left .dat it seems.

I'll have to make a specific list then, and those files aren't in the trial, everything in the trial is a .txt. Can you give me a list of everything that isn't a .txt? Or hell, just sending me the scr.aos itself would be really helpful, then I can test myself. The file shouldn't be too big I hope.

So, i actually just renamed all the .dat files to .txt and then tried the whole thing and it worked. When i like tested a sentence, it gave me an error about S 150 or something like that because the sentence was half width alphanummeric. So i tried again and typed a normal sentence with full width alphanummeric using the japanese IME and it did work in game

Alright fixed that problem, looks like there's only .txt and .dat so that's alright: https://www.mediafire.com/?8juirjx61sn4ghn

Nice to know the exe works though, since I haven't actually been able to test the full version.

And yeah I said about that problem with the text. I really don't know how you'll get around that. Given how I think the script works, it'd require a whole bunch of re-coding how the script engine works, and yeah I can't do that. The "easier" (I think) way would be probably be along the lines of modifying the font or something. Probably have to create your own for it though... Certainly not a nice solution. I've never seen a VN that can't display ascii at all before. Does seem to be a pretty gaping hole in their scripting system, if they ever wanted to use ascii... Some ascii can load, but the strings must be a length divisible by 2.

pHJeEDD.jpg

It throws an error when the script loads and then shows up all broken like that, every second byte gone and it took the whole thing was a command or something. But I suppose it, technically, *can* show ascii. Just that the script format isn't taking it as text properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright fixed that problem, looks like there's only .txt and .dat so that's alright: https://www.mediafire.com/?8juirjx61sn4ghn

Nice to know the exe works though, since I haven't actually been able to test the full version.

And yeah I said about that problem with the text. I really don't know how you'll get around that. Given how I think the script works, it'd require a whole bunch of re-coding how the script engine works, and yeah I can't do that. The "easier" (I think) way would be probably be along the lines of modifying the font or something. Probably have to create your own for it though... Certainly not a nice solution. I've never seen a VN that can't display ascii at all before. Does seem to be a pretty gaping hole in their scripting system, if they ever wanted to use ascii... Some ascii can load, but the strings must be a length divisible by 2.

pHJeEDD.jpg

It throws an error when the script loads and then shows up all broken like that, every second byte gone and it took the whole thing was a command or something. But I suppose it, technically, *can* show ascii. Just that the script format isn't taking it as text properly.

• 1 year later...