Wrong File Association\OGG Files

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Hey, there I´m TheGoldenTuga and I have a serious problem. Long story short I was playing Koihime Musou and my brother got is hands on it and changed all ogg files to open by default with either noteopad or windows media player. I´m desperate for help, and close to tears. Anyone please!

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Doesn´t change anything, like I said my brother changed the association in my laptop so that the default program is notebook. Ps: Not sure if this means anything but I´m using windows 8 and I just recentetly got this laptop and I havent any other programs besides google chrome so it was running on god knows what.

If its Windows 8, do this

1. Open Start Screen (Windows key)
  2. Type "Default Programs"
  3. Select it from the right hand side search
  4. Pick Associate a file type or protocol with a program
  5. Find .ogg
  6. Select it and press Change Program
  7. Pick your choice
  8. If the program is not there Pick more options

Guest TheGoldenTuga

I can´t find the right program. I don´t belive it had a specific program as default. Last time i cheked it had the blank page icon next to it. You know I think I´m just being stupid and I´m just bothering you with that stupidity. I´m probably just going to take to the store this weekend and ask for them to reset it since I really don´t have anything important on it. I´m truly sorry to have bothered you with this. If you do find something out feel free to let me know if not once again I am so sorry to have bothered you.

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Since I honestly don´t feel like reseting my laptop and so long as the game works, I´m fine with instaling an appropriate program. So with that which one of those two do you recommend?

Foobar, cccp is a much bigger thing than just a music player. That said, foobar doesn't have to prettiest or most intuitive interface ever. Winamp is an option, though you have to click some special box while installing to get ogg support...and I think it has ads these days.

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Thank you. I´m not actually planning to use the program for anything. I just didn´t like the files being attached to notebook. But so long as the games still work I´m perfectly fine with it. I once again apoligize for bothering you all and thank you. Consider this situation SOLVED.