[STEINS;GATE]Crash at start

gekitou59

Hey guys , 

So the topic title is self-explanatory , whenever i put my Unicode in Japanese OR use Applocale to launch the game it crashes right at launch can't even see the menu.

However when I run it normally it makes it to the main menu , but of course i can't start a new game without the jap unicode ...

I tried with the torrent available on this glorious site and another from nyaa but same problem.

I also can't install japanese display language since i only have a professional version of Win 7 64 bits , and i used the exe : sdrt4280j since i saw someone mentioning it , not sure what it does though.

There it is I hope you guys can help me with this , thanks for reading me , good day to you all.

did you do the basics yet change your computers locale without applocale to japanese?

most cases this fixes your problems.

and S;G; should be competiable with win 7-8

to change go to control panel.

to clock,language,region.

click region.

go to administrative tab.

change language for non-unicode programs to japanese.

atk9uD1.jpg

Hi , thanks for your reply , I did do that , I tried with this method only , Applocale only and both at the same time ^^.

I also tried running as administrator , turning off antivirus , checking quarantine ...

I think my problem has something to do with the jap non unicode , because the game start just fine without it , but it is necessary to use it to proceed further.

So I tried to install Muv Luv , which require a non unicode set in japanese too , and whenever i'm in non unicode jap i can't even run the patcher ... I can install the game but can't launch it , even unpatched .

My issue has something to do with non unicode jap on my computer ... Is there a way to fix it ? Reinstall the font maybe ? I dunno...

I have the very same errors- Steins;Gate shuts itself down INSTANTLY upon launch and Muv-Luv patch cannot be run. Locale is set to Japanese, I am using the abomination entitled "Microsoft Windows 8.1"(my PC came with W8, sadly). I've only seen SG's issue happen with Ever17, for which someone posted a fix somewhere(it turned out that the problem was with fonts or something...) while for Muv-Luv I am clueless.