Military life in Muv-Luv Alternative

Ryoji

Hey guys, As some of you know already I served in the US Marine Corps for over 20 years. As I play this game I cant help but enjoy the military training and such this game shares. I do have 1 question tho, is there a lot of war and such involved in Muv-Luv Alternative?? Because to be honest, I dont know if I want to read about it.

After experiencing the real thing, I avoid War games like COD and the like. I know that this is completely different from COD but the Military life the characters are living hits home. So if anyone can give me an answer besides this is the best game ever id appreciate it. I already know this games fame, thats why I am playing it as we speak. I just want to know if there is war and stuff, if so how involved is it. I dont care about spoilers as long as they dont give away endings.

Thanks in advnance!

I think the best comparison is whether you like Gundam shows.

There's war, but it's scifi with giant robots fighting against alien monsters.

I know that its Scifi, thats not what I meant. Gah its hard to explain i guess.

EDIT: The more I try explain what im talking about the more I want to say, ill just stop here. Thanks for your answer Moekou, wasnt exactly what i asked but thats ok.

I'm suspecting what you're wanting to ask is how graphic the descriptions of war and violence in the VN are??

Whatever the case I'm going to have to defer the answer to someone who's actually finished playing the whole VN ^^;

Hmm, I guess that 1 way to put it. I dont mind violence. But War, friends dying, Innocents killed, Id rather not read too much of that. Seeing the real thing was enough for me.

I read VN's to escape memories of that, ya know?

Hmm, I guess that 1 way to put it. I dont mind violence. But War, friends dying, Innocents killed, Id rather not read too much of that. Seeing the real thing was enough for me.

I've read it. I wouldn't reccommend you reading it. The characters are too human... And in japanese style alot of people die, you don't want to, It's very graphic and emotional. That is in Muv luv alternative, there is none of that gloom in Muv luv extra and unlimited.

It'll likely wake up some stuff you'd rather stay in the past. I've never been to war, but I have lost a friend too early in life.. So I do understand some of your pain.

Anyway! There is other good vn's to read, so go read them :)

In that case MLA is really not for you. The scenes of war they portray is rather realistic, and its a war where mankind is in decline against the monsters. While there are few innocents killed, its because there are few innocents left. I suggest you stop after unlimited, and not play Alternative. This is a game of epic levels of despair, sacrifice, and finally, hope.

If you really want to see a sampling of the Alternative world, you can watch the anime Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, which is a spin off side story of the main series. The first two episodes has a small sample of the war trauma that is portrayed in the main series. If you can take that, then by all means, read the VN. It is really epic.

It is indeed an epic VN, and as many before me have said, the depiction of war is very real, and I don't know how playing this kind of games or rather reading this kind of story are on people that have experience actual war, so I can't say for sure how it eill affect you.

Now in terms of the war, it definitely feels realistic though obviously it is heavily sci-fi. The feeling of loss, despair and horror are really strong and also on camaraderie and hope. I guess that's all I have to say, but I would still suggest anyone to see its conclusion

In that case MLA is really not for you. The scenes of war they portray is rather realistic, and its a war where mankind is in decline against the monsters. While there are few innocents killed, its because there are few innocents left. I suggest you stop after unlimited, and not play Alternative. This is a game of epic levels of despair, sacrifice, and finally, hope.

If you really want to see a sampling of the Alternative world, you can watch the anime Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, which is a spin off side story of the main series. The first two episodes has a small sample of the war trauma that is portrayed in the main series. If you can take that, then by all means, read the VN. It is really epic.

Hmm, the very thought of war against monsters doesnt bother me. Realistic huh? hmm, Im going to finish this. The more I think about it the more I want to complete this.

Thanks guys

Hmm, the very thought of war against monsters doesnt bother me. Realistic huh? hmm, Im going to finish this. The more I think about it the more I want to complete this.

Thanks guys

Outstanding. Do post your thoughts once you are done. It would be interesting to see what a veteran has to say about about the story.