Growth in manga.

Yukiru

Well, I found out earlier about Kami Nomi manga ending in one more volume and then found out Rosario + Vampire II already ended last month and so i started thinking.

Isn't it astounding when a joke manga gets its own plot and becomes something truly good for those that have been following since it was just a joke?

My example is here, Rosario + Vampire, it starts as an ecchi with ugly art, a rather plotless ecchi.

Pic there vv

cOhNVV0.jpg

And then the art slowly gets elegant and beautiful and the story also gets a depth you would have never imagined it would have.

Another Pic. 

wCPHccH.jpg

So? Has this thought ever crossed your mind while reading a manga or watching an anime? What do you think of the change? Which series comes to your mind?

First Author that comes to mind is Takeshi Obata :

For the best in Hikaru no go

From 

hikaru-no-go-319887.jpg

to 

hikaru-no-go-1896955.jpg

And for the worst in Bakuman (compare the beginning of the series to the current drawings ... no comment ...

That was just an example but so many artists change their drawings in a good way most of the time (*cough* hunterxhunter *cough*)

Naruto, one piece , Claymore (<-Read that ),psyren ,Fma.

Those are good examples too. (Not as prounouced though, but still we can see a notable progress in their art work)

Another author would be Mizuki Kawashita who made an astonishing progress in her drawing style.

Edit : I've never seen an anime gain in quality with time.

What comes to my mind is Anime Sora no Otoshimono, starts as a pointless ecchi + bad comedy and joke art without any real plot or story.

Pic:

Sora_no_Otoshimono_Episode_1_mp4_snapsho

And then toward a end of first season (Last few epss) it gets amaeizing plot/story, character development, epic art.

Pic:

Sora_no_Otoshimono_Forte_11_15.jpg

But then second season once again starts as pointless ecchi just to turn good toward ending like the first season. I haven't read a Manga version, but it is probably the same. There is actually a lot of anime of this kind true Sora no Otoshimono probably made a biggest growth as the first half is the worst anime that I ever watched but the second half is really great.

Ogure to ("oh! great") also changed his art style complety from the disastrous male characters at the beginning of tenjo tenge to the incredible drawings from the end of Air gear! (Former hentai authors draw great girls *whistle*)