Hoshizora no Memoria Startup Error

Yo, so I decided to download this game from this site. Once I downloaded it, I checked for any .iso or a setup.exe file, failed to find any. So I proceeded (after changing my non-unicode locale to Japanese, restarting the PC and installing the font) with launching the MemoriaEN.exe file.

I was met with this error:

TsHO.png

So afterwards I did some google search and some guy said to move it to the C: root.

After that, I got this error:

yAL04.png

My regional settings: here

Just to add, I haven't really encountered these sort of problems so far, I think the problem is probably within the installation, because the setup.exe file isn't there and I don't think it's on purpose, it might be though. Of course, it's off the seeding and my torrent is down, my antivirus is too and read-only attribute unchecked.

Would appreciate your help on this matter because the game looks pretty good.

//EDIT: I might as well add that the folder from the second error isn't actually in my documents folder, so I understand why can't it actually be opened. What I wonder about is why the folder isn't there though.

Hoshizora no Memoria doesn't require installation by the way. You just have to run MemoriaEN.exe

Seems like it's missing the save folder. Create the folder in the documents yourself. 

Name it FAVORITE

If it still doesn't work create another folder inside FAVORITE named 星空のメモリア and inside that one another one named save

It should look something like this

C:\Users\youruser\Documents\FAVORITE\星空のメモリア\save

Seems like it's missing the save folder. Create the folder in the documents yourself. 

Name it FAVORITE

If it still doesn't work create another folder inside FAVORITE named 星空のメモリア and inside that one another one name save

It should look something like this

C:\Users\youruser\Documents\FAVORITE\星空のメモリア\save

Did this, still the second error.

Before moving the game did it create a save folder somewhere else? Because the error is pointing out a specific .bin file, it could be that that's missing and was created in some other folder. Though the game should just re create the save folder by itself so it shouldn't give you the same error..

Before moving the game did it create a save folder somewhere else? Because the error is pointing out a specific .bin file, it could be that that's missing and was created in some other folder. Though the game should just re create the save folder by itself so it shouldn't give you the same error..

Ah it did indeed, it created the folder at the path you suggested above, I failed to notice because I thought that "Documents" would be changed to "Dokumenty" because of my czech localization of Windows, but it seems that it forced to create a completely new "Documents" folder in my User folder. Not that I care though, but it just still doesn't work you know.

//EDIT: And the .bin save file isn't there btw, it's and empty folder.

//EDIT2: Yeah I've searched my disk and the .bin save file isn't anywhere to be found, I didn't point this out because I thought that it would naturally create itself if I did the first save.

I feel like the game is being redirected to the wrong path still. 

The path C:\Users\youruser\Documents will always lead you to your documents regardless of what name shows up in the window.

My computer has portuguese OS and it doesn't say "documents" either but the folder FAVORITE is in there and in that path. 

The folder "FAVORITE" needs to be in the main documents folder not in a new documents folder.

I feel like the game is being redirected to the wrong path still. 

The path C:\Users\youruser\Documents will always lead you to your documents regardless of what name shows up in the window.

My computer has portuguese OS and it doesn't say "documents" either but the folder FAVORITE is in there and in that path. 

The folder "FAVORITE" needs to be in the main documents folder not in a new documents folder.

My user folder is "Pavlík" and the thing it goes for is "Pavlik" notice the difference in "i" in there. Although it would really suck if it didn't work because of this since there is no way of changing your User name without reinstalling your Windows.

So the summarize it, the FAVORITE/... folder is in both the main documents folder of my PC and also at the spot it created it for itself. Don't really know how to deal with this anymore.

//EDIT: Awwwwwww, so sorry man. It seems that because I moved it to the root it required administrator rights to be ran. I of course tried running it as admin before but it didn't work back when it was still in the Downloads folder. Well thanks for your help anyway.  :) Before locking this though, I wanted to ask if it was supossed to have settings in Japanese?

Yeah me neither. This is rather odd.. 

Technically it should just use the folder it created for itself so you wouldn't need to create an extra one. 

Since I can't read japanese i don't know specifically what the error says. Someone else will have to do that.

In case you didn't notice the edit on my post above, I'll just write it again. The admin rights launch fixed it, so thanks and sorry for wasting your precious time. Looks like a great novel so far.  ;)