Error with Sakura No Uta!

Makato

So i was playing Sakura no uta and this popped up in the middle of playing. Every 2 or so lines it pops up. Please help! I really want to keep playing, im invested. 

It says "The specified file [ke5011aa] does not exist Select "Yes" to force processing or "No" to abort."

Please help! Thanks!!!

This one right? https://vndb.org/v562

So that series does not have an official English release. The only English translations available for it are patches and there are 2 versions of the game. That crazy long game (~65h30m) was also re-written from the ground up at some point so there are both patches for the original and partial patches for the rewrite floating around.

Are you sure you applied the right patch to the right version? The only fully completed TL is an MTL from before the studio released a rewrite for the series. The post-rewrite script only has a GPT-3.5 MTL for the prologue only, not the entire series. Sugoi visual novel does not have an updated patch for that game or any votes.

At this point, you have a few options. As always, that is learn Japanese first. Your secondary options are all bad.

• Learn Japanese
  • Contract whoever made the patch and ask them about the error.
  • Use Texractor, or another real time script extraction tool, after reverting the translation patch so the game is in Japanese and/or re-MTL the series from a vanilla release. Transferring your save data should be fairly simple provided you use the same version of the game, pre or post rewrite.
  • Dump the script manually and write your own patch.

2 hours ago, Entai2965 said:

This one right? https://vndb.org/v562

So that series does not have an official English release. The only English translations available for it are patches and there are 2 versions of the game. That crazy long game (~65h30m) was also re-written from the ground up at some point so there are both patches for the original and partial patches for the rewrite floating around.

Are you sure you applied the right patch to the right version? The only fully completed TL is an MTL from before the studio released a rewrite for the series. The post-rewrite script only has a GPT-3.5 MTL for the prologue only, not the entire series. Sugoi visual novel does not have an updated patch for that game or any votes.

At this point, you have a few options. As always, that is learn Japanese first. Your secondary options are all bad.

• Learn Japanese
  • Contract whoever made the patch and ask them about the error.
  • Use Texractor, or another real time script extraction tool, after reverting the translation patch so the game is in Japanese and/or re-MTL the series from a vanilla release. Transferring your save data should be fairly simple provided you use the same version of the game, pre or post rewrite.
  • Dump the script manually and write your own patch.

Yes that one. I didn’t apply any patches. I’m reading it in Japanese. This came up something unrelated to any patches.

Oh that is odd. Which version are you playing. The original or the re-write? You could always switch versions to see if that fixes it. Are you running it with a JPN locale emulator, EN locale, or the locale changed? What OS?

20 hours ago, Entai2965 said:

Oh that is odd. Which version are you playing. The original or the re-write? You could always switch versions to see if that fixes it. Are you running it with a JPN locale emulator, EN locale, or the locale changed? What OS?

Windows 10. My locale is on Japan. I don’t know which one it’s the 3,990¥ one off of DMM.

20 hours ago, Entai2965 said:

Also I don’t know how to switch versions.