Final Fantasy XIV Query

Mevvrynne

So at this point in the game, I'm a 25 Marauder having done the first 3 dungeons, all available guildhests, and killed Ifrit.  I've seen all the future boss fights on account that my brother is in one of the highest rated free companies (guilds) on our server (the fights includes all the primals, Garlean empire bosses, Ultima Weapon, and even the Binding Coil of Bahamut up to Twintania).  

Here's the question:  Does this game actually get good?  I've seen the future abilities for my class and desired job (Warrior), and seen what they would be like on all the boss fights, and I'm just not excited, because every fight more or less includes the same aspects one after another; now I know that this is typical re-using of resources in an MMO, I've seen it at least a million times in WoW, I'm used to it.  But should I really bother leveling another character (which includes at LEAST 3 classes, and Warrior, all the crafting classes) all over again just to experience another WoW experience?  I am in no way, shape or form, comparing Final Fantasy XIV to WoW, I will refrain from saying whichever is better because subjective statements are a waste of time.

The only pros I can see to sticking with FFXIV is the texture details, and the music, that's about it.  I'm not a huge fan of the combat system, while I do agree it's a nice change of pace, it doesn't strike me as something to consider as much as everything else.  I have been meaning to get back into an MMO recently because I simply have nothing to do, and I have extra cash to spend, which makes an MMO perfect for me.  

Should I stick with FFXIV merely on the basis that I might like it, or stop now before I get really frustrated by how much it never changes while I level?

I already have a level-capped Warlock and Death Knight in WoW, both Heroic Throne of Thunder geared to go back to as a back-up plan, because I'm still very much used to how that game works. 

I felt most of the big fights feel like Ifrit fight with more mechcanics.

I've been max level for quite a while, the large appeal of the game is 1 character, multiple classes.

Then again I paid for 90 days gametime, only ended up playing for 32 days.

Also I hate to say it, but I don't like the world, it feels like a lot of mini zones made for levelling, also you tend to level through FATE grind.

I quite liked the storyline mind you.

I felt most of the big fights feel like Ifrit fight with more mechcanics.

I've been max level for quite a while, the large appeal of the game is 1 character, multiple classes.

Then again I paid for 90 days gametime, only ended up playing for 32 days.

While it may be 1 character with multiple classes, you still have to level them all, and from what I know it only barely gets faster with how you share some of your other class abilities.

While it may be 1 character with multiple classes, you still have to level them all, and from what I know it only barely gets faster with how you share some of your other class abilities.

Once you get one class to max level you basically get rested XP for all other classes.

Note that I'm not sure having all classes on one character is really a bonus, its basically, grind 10 characters really.

I haven't played FF XIV, nor do I know a lot about it. That said, when it comes to MMOs, those signs of doubt you are having is probably a solid sign that you should abandon ship. I myself have sunk hours and hours into MMOs that I had previously lost my zeal for and it's not fun stuff.

Also, I as well played a Warlock/DK. Go us.

Once you get one class to max level you basically get rested XP for all other classes.

Note that I'm not sure having all classes on one character is really a bonus, its basically, grind 10 characters really.

Exactly, it feels like the entire game promotes grinding, grinding and more grinding.  

I haven't played FF XIV, nor do I know a lot about it. That said, when it comes to MMOs, those signs of doubt you are having is probably a solid sign that you should abandon ship. I myself have sunk hours and hours into MMOs that I had previously lost my zeal for and it's not fun stuff.

Also, I as well played a Warlock/DK. Go us.

Green fire on the first week of the ToT patch, I wonder if people even care about it now.