If My Heart Had Wings installer problem

Here I am guys, with yet another problem.

Ok, so I've recently downloaded If My Heart Had Wing translated by MoeNovel along with the restoration patch.

When I open up the VN folder, there's an installer. Well, it refuses to open for me. It causes Windows Explorer to crash and my computer to slow down (by a lot) until it does so.

I've already tried using another torrent source, but it still isn't working.

I am currently on Windows Vista.

For now, I am opening it, and it causes my cursor to occasionally have the loading wheel show up. So I am going to leave my laptop on over night to see if somehow the installer opens, but for now I'd like some help if there's a solution to my problem that's rather quick.

First of all upgrade out of vista. Vista actually slows down your computer significantly. XP or win7 is the way to go. secondly post some more information about your system. third does any other visual novel work on your computer?

I haven't had a problem with Vista in the 6 years of using it, so I'll pass on spending money I do not have for a new operating system.

I cannot get my system specs as of now.

And I've played at least 4 different Visual Novels without any issues (well, not game breaking issues) to date.

I haven't had a problem with Vista in the 6 years of using it, so I'll pass on spending money I do not have for a new operating system.

I cannot get my system specs as of now.

And I've played at least 4 different Visual Novels without any issues (well, not game breaking issues) to date.

I have you tried compatibility mode with XP? How about the old fashion computer reboot? 

First verify that your download is not corrupted.

Seems like he tried a different torrent source before he posted

Ok, I got this fixed.

I was right, I only had to wait and over time the installation screen finally showed. I installed it and used the updated Batch file I found in the support forum of this game on this site (it's somewhere, I'd link it if I could, but I cannot, so if someone else could for others that will have this problem in the future, I'd appreciate it). And I had no problem with the VN since. Everything loads fine, the characters have voices, and I didn't get the problem with the windmill scene people were getting.

Tl;dr

My problem is solved, please lock this thread.