Collar x Malice anime movie will be released in two parts, first part airs Summer 2023

Shiawase_Rina

Preview of the movies theme song "Ningen×Shikkaku" (No Longer×Human):

An anime project for the otome game Collar x Malice was already announced 2019. This year in September they revealed it as a movie to be aired in 2023.

Today they revealed that the movie will air in two parts under the title "Gekijōban Collar×Malice Deep Cover". The first part will air summer 2023 and will be animated by Studio DEEN.

The key visual suggests that it will be an adaption of Yanagi's route, which is the final route of the game.

Collar x Malice was first released in Japan in 2016 for the PS Vita. In 2017 it was also officially released in English by Aksys Games. In 2020 Switch ports for the original game and its fandisc Collar x Malice Unlimited were released in Japanese and English.

Description:

The protagonist is a policewoman working in Shinjuku, a city that has become unsafe after a series of violent crimes known as the "X-Day Incidents".

While responding to a call late one night, an unknown assailant attacked her, and when she regained consciousness she had a collar with a poison delivery mechanism, capable of being activated remotely, around her neck.

Amidst the chaos and right before the protagonist’s eyes were men with suspicious backgrounds. They’re all part of an organisation composed of former police officers and have taken it upon themselves to investigate the brutal cases.

Without knowing whether she should trust these men or not, she suddenly became the person who held the key to this massive case.

In order to remove the collar that places her at the edge of death and to liberate Shinjuku from the malice that binds it, she cooperates; beginning to investigate the incidents with the men.

Who holds her life in their hands?
Will Shinjuku ever return to its former glory?

[Translation of the official website's story summary.]

I'm glad it's a two parter because now I can at least have hope that the pacing won't be a complete disaster. This way they should be able to convey the central plot well enough.

Still a bit miffed about it being Yanagi's route since it was my least favorite. However, for stand-alone movies it is the only sensible choice. It answers the big questions, after all.

I just have to hope for as much Shiraishi screentime as possible. And I demand Ichika to be animated with all the love in the world!

I feel the same about this! 

For me Yanagi is in the middle. He's not my favourite, but he's also not my least favourite. But I do recognize that if it's going to be a movie then it's only logical that they will do the "true" route. I'll also have my fingers crossed that we will get scenes with the other LIs though. I'd love to see many Sasazuka and Enomoto moments T_T

And yes, they have to animate my girl Ichika well too, hopefully the movie turns out good (I fear many anime adaptations of otomes only end up in disaster...)

3 hours ago, Pallas_Raven said:

Is this really happening? I'm kind of surprised, it has been so long since those original games were released. You would think they would have gone for a more recent title. Not that I am complaining. All aboard the hype train....

Truth be told everyone had already given up on this anime project actually happening since we heard nothing about it for years. So it was more recent when they first announced it, but they only made it real now.