Visual novels on Linux.

I-heart-rena

I am Uber poor at the moment, my laptop is dying and I want to at least save it somewhat so I can continue to play lfd2 on it. This also got me thinkin. I currently use a tablet laptop I got for free in highschool for my vn's, (different from the lfd2 machine) it is horrible but it at least runs the vns I want it to and displays reference art. However it is increasingly becoming clear to me that thay are nearing their ends in life. 

So my question is how many vn's are supported on Linux and if any of you guys have any experience with running vn's on such a device.

Thanks in advance - March  

Almost none work natively on linux. Many will work with WINE under linux, but they almost always need some kind of massaging to work properly. Unless you have a bit of familiarity with doing this, it's going to be a massive learning curve to get them working. (I do all my VNs  with wine under linux, but some take a lot more effort than others to get working, and I'm an experienced software engineer.)

Ah thank you very much, I thought that was the case. I could probably get it to work but I think what I'm doing now, deleting them after reading is probably my best option. Though I will try and get some running as I'm still going to do the Linux project. I have them running great on my phone but like most things I own it is also on deaths door.

3 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Thanks hata I will try! Sorry for bad formatting my phone does not like the qoute feature.

5 minutes ago, HataVNI said:

We have a thread how to get a lot of VNs to run on a steam deck and since this device uses Linux it might be able to help you