Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
TheMuffinsAvenger

Kamigami no Asobi

Recommended Posts

Sorry about the double post. It just occurred to me this morning that I may have placed my original post in the incorrect section. This is a project that I have been working on for some time after watching the anime about 3 times I fell in love with it and wanted nothing more than to play it. I have a large portion of the game, menus included, translated, and just haven't gotten to the point of importing the data yet. I would love to work with anyone on this to see if this can come to fruition. I have already ripped apart the game, extracted a good bit of the data, and I am currently in the process of trying to locate all of the scripts and figure out what language everything is encoded in. If anyone is interested in taking a look, just let me know. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our hacker looked at the game's script, they're in .dat files and you can use this tool to extract the script file (,NISPACK): https://github.com/tonypolik/nispack
But the scripts are encrypted, and our hacker needed to use PPPSSPP debugger to be able to decrypt the texts, as far as I know, they're encrypted with MIPS and he had to use PPSSPP's debugger and NSA's ghidra to decrypt the texts.

Texts after decrypted:

010xor.png

 

But the real problem is the font. It doesn't support variable width, it's a fixed width font, so you need to convert all the latin character to their full-width counterparts for the game to display them correctly. But still, it will be displayed l i k e t h i s  i n t h e  g a m e.

unknown.png

Unless someone's going to rewrite the font for it to support variable width or half-width, I don't think it's possible to translate this game.

 

Edited by Otogelib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Otogelib said:

Our hacker looked at the game's script, they're in .dat files and you can use this tool to extract the script file (,NISPACK): https://github.com/tonypolik/nispack
But the scripts are encrypted, and our hacker needed to use PPPSSPP debugger to be able to decrypt the texts, as far as I know, they're encrypted with MIPS and he had to use PPSSPP's debugger and NSA's ghidra to decrypt the texts.

Texts after decrypted:

010xor.png

 

But the real problem is the font. It doesn't support variable width, it's a fixed width font, so you need to convert all the latin character to their full-width counterparts for the game to display them correctly. But still, it will be displayed l i k e t h i s  i n t h e  g a m e.

unknown.png

Unless someone's going to rewrite the font for it to support variable width or half-width, I don't think it's possible to translate this game.

 

That's exactly what I was afraid of. I was able to locate the dat files and I wasn't originally able to find the scripts (or I did and just glossed over them because they were  encrypted). My biggest concern when I was going through the debugger was that I saw some data that suggested fixed width, but I couldn't find the script files to confirm it. I guess I can try and play around with it a bit. Out of curiosity, which .dat files were they in?

 

Edit: If possible, could you elaborate further on what you mean by "used the PSP debugger and Ghidra?" I plan to continue working on this, but I can't do that without the decrypted files.

Edited by TheMuffinsAvenger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheMuffinsAvenger said:

That's exactly what I was afraid of. I was able to locate the dat files and I wasn't originally able to find the scripts (or I did and just glossed over them because they were  encrypted). My biggest concern when I was going through the debugger was that I saw some data that suggested fixed width, but I couldn't find the script files to confirm it. I guess I can try and play around with it a bit. Out of curiosity, which .dat files were they in?

 

Edit: If possible, could you elaborate further on what you mean by "used the PSP debugger and Ghidra?" I plan to continue working on this, but I can't do that without the decrypted files.

I would love to tell you more but unfortunately, I'm not the hacker so I don't quite understand what he did, I only tell you what he told me several months ago.

Here is NSA's ghidra tool: https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra

The dat files are here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452432163514875904/667652962327199745/Kamigami_no_asobi_PSP_dat.zip

By the way I came across these tools for another game but it does use nispack, the font is also fixed width: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/

Maybe you can try these tools and see if it works?

Edited by Otogelib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Otogelib said:

I would love to tell you more but unfortunately, I'm not the hacker so I don't quite understand what he did, I only tell you what he told me several months ago.

Here is NSA's ghidra tool: https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra

The dat files are here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452432163514875904/667652962327199745/Kamigami_no_asobi_PSP_dat.zip

By the way I came across these tools for another game but it does use nispack, the font is also fixed width: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/

Maybe you can try these tools and see if it works?

All right, so I was definitely working with the right files, I just hadn't figured out how to decrypt them. I have the Ghidra tool already and I will scour the Pucelle page again to see if I can get any tips on figuring that out. Unfortunately, I can't test it or work with the font unless the files are decrypted (I just popped open the ones on the site and they still look like gibberish. Might be the wrong encoding, I haven't checked yet). For now, I will just continue dumping and translating the files and collect them into a master document. Then, I can worry about the rest later. I will help out with some of the other projects in the meantime. Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 10:56 PM, TheMuffinsAvenger said:

All right, so I was definitely working with the right files, I just hadn't figured out how to decrypt them. I have the Ghidra tool already and I will scour the Pucelle page again to see if I can get any tips on figuring that out. Unfortunately, I can't test it or work with the font unless the files are decrypted (I just popped open the ones on the site and they still look like gibberish. Might be the wrong encoding, I haven't checked yet). For now, I will just continue dumping and translating the files and collect them into a master document. Then, I can worry about the rest later. I will help out with some of the other projects in the meantime. Thank you so much!

Glad that was helpful!

By the way, we've asked the translator originally translated approximately 3 routes of Kamigami (here: https://sweetremiks-blog.tumblr.com/kamiaso), and they gave us permission. We can use their translation for a fan translation patch if you want, as long as we properly credit them! :)

 

Edited by Otogelib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...