Phenomeno Language problems

Alexis96

So I downloaded Phenomeno like a few days ago.

Now I know that Phenomeno must be started from the Start_Game.bat file, my system locale is Japanese, and for a while everything worked perfectly, no crashes and such, and everything was in English, however...

After the part where Nagi exits the offline meeting at 1 AM in the beginning,

the screen/background changes, and so does the language. Everything suddenly becomes Japanese, and I don't understand a single thing. I have no idea why this happens. Everything was in English just before. Help...?

Also if it means anything, I used to be unable to run the thing. Even if I start it from Start_Game.bat, everything is black. I can still hear sounds, and when I click around randomly, it appears that I can still select options on the screen (albeit blindly), from the SFX I hear. But today, it magically started up fine. Or something like that. I don't know. O___o

Not sure if this related, but you shouldn't use Start_Game.bat if you're on jp locale.
Also make sure that your directshow playback chain is alright. Menas no crap like codec packs. LAV filters work well. This is the reason for black screens.

Not sure if this related, but you shouldn't use Start_Game.bat if you're on jp locale.

Also make sure that your directshow playback chain is alright. Menas no crap like codec packs. LAV filters work well. This is the reason for black screens.

As for black screen, I no longer experience it. I just used to.

As for the others (Phenomeno_en.exe, Phenomeno.exe), they don't work.

And sorry... Real sorry...

'directshow playback chain is alright. Menas no crap like codec packs. LAV filters work well'

I have no Idea what you're talking about T_T

As for the others (Phenomeno_en.exe, Phenomeno.exe), they don't work.

Can't be helped then. I'm pretty sure they do work fine. Most likely you're doing something wrong or your files corrupted.

Edit: the last version of the patch is 1.1, make sure yours is not older.

Can't be helped then. I'm pretty sure they do work fine. Most likely you're doing something wrong or your files corrupted.

Edit: the last version of the patch is 1.1, make sure yours is not older.

Aa, I see

So the only surefire way is to re-download the entire thing?