Visual Novel Reader cannot translate in game menu options button or choices options, which are in Japanese by the way.

Novel_lord98

Hello.

I am just a recent beginner when it comes visual novels. I started to play some visual novels, some are sci-fi visual or fantasy visual novel. Some of them are Japanese. I am completely new to the translator program. Visual Novel Reader. I installed it. I added some of my visual novel games to the list. However there are something wrong. 

I installed the game, it's in Japanese. Even though I installed the game, and also installed Visual Novel Reader. Visual Novel Read, is to translate the Japanese dialogue text, to English or other preferred languages. It does translate the dialogue, to English. Well most of the time.

However, this is the major problem I experience. Visual Novel Reader, doesn't change the menu buttons, which are Japanese. It also doesn't translate the choices in the games. Like option 1 (Fight Back), option 2 (Leave Battle). *These are just examples by the way.* The visual novel reader, doesn't translate menu buttons. Like load, save options and exist. I can't read Japanese at all. XD

Does anyone know how I can translate visual novel games, the menu buttons, the option buttons and the choices buttons. Using, Visual Novel Reader. There are actually some forums that stated that Visual Novel Reader, how to fix it to translate menu options, and choices options, and how to fix it. It doesn't actually help at all. I am looking for answer. Can someone please help me, please.  I can't keep playing my visual novels, half the time, unable to understand Japanese, while possibly not knowing what buttons or what's the story going on. 

Please help me. I want to use the program Visual Novel Reader, to help me translate the menu options, which are in Japanese, and also the game choices option, which are also in Japanese. I need help on how to use Visual Novel Reader, to translate the menu options buttons and game choices options, to English.

So, please help me. Help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Novel_lord98

Choices are usually in a different text thread.  Sometimes tooltips (e.g., in gameplay titles) are too.  If not, you can typically look up the text for both of these in a JP walkthrough.  Buttons themselves will usually be graphics, and thus are unhookable, but typically you can find out what they do by trial and error or by reading tutorials.