So I finished Hapymaher and had some questions(Spoilers)

Naterocks2000

After finishing Hapymaher like 30 minutes ago I had a few questions. I actually bought this game near its release date back in the end of July and never got around to it. But here I am!

My questions are (Spoilers! Look away if you do not want these!)

A. Did Tohru actually love Yuuko at the end of it all or did he only care about Yuuko because Alice was a part of her?He's a scumbag if he doesn't love her after going back to alter her past. 

B. What happens in the fandisk that affects the true route ending? Like does the question above get answered? Actually if anyone could provide a brief summary of the fandisk or maybe link a site with a review I would be very appreciative.

C. What were the thoughts of you that finished the vn on the true route(Yuuko)?

Thanks!

Edit* Upon closer look at vndb fandisk page, it seems that Tohru does feel something towards Yuuko in the image where hes holding her hand. Is that an accurate interpretation?

Edited by Naterocks2000

I'm staying off the issue of the FD, because I don't see anything good coming if me making any kind of revelation related to it.

A.  His first love is Alice.  However, he does care about Yuuko, though his feelings toward her are mixed, since her subconscious basically put him through literal hell.  Don't expect uncomplicated issues with this.  Alice is a representation of Yuuko's ideal vision of herself, so there is no way there wouldn't be complications related to his feelings.  Moreover, it also needs to be said that only Tohru retains the memories of the dreams in full (along with several lifetimes of emotions), so there are parts of the issue that Yuuko literally isn't consciously aware of.  Do you want me to continue?  I could go on, but you can twist yourself up in knots thinking about issues like this.  Just be thankful this didn't turn into a harem ending, lol.

B.  The only thing I'll say on this is that the fandisc heads out straight from the true end while also branching off to deal with stuff relating to the other endings (on the theory that his dreams are connected to all the parallel worlds where they happened)

C.  I loved the true path.  I'm not going to go on and on about why, since I've already said my piece on this a hundred times over. 

I guess that answers my questions mostly. I already had the the understanding that Tohru remembered every lifetime and emotion he felt during those lifetimes( or parallel worlds if you will). I just thought the ending would have a more definitive "Yeah I love Yuuko" or " I don't feel that way towards someone who tortured me albeit subconsiously" though, you could argue Maia was the same way yet he loved her but instead he falls in love with someone's idealistic incarnation of themselves. Reason why I had that thought was that ChronoClock (Which was made by the same devs) actually capitalized on that parallel world theory for its true ending so I guess my assumption was incorrect for HapyMaher in this case. I do agree with you as I'm glad it wasn't a harem. Never liked those and never will, that's why I haven't watched most harem anime unless there is a clear person chosen at the end (Highschool dxd or something of its nature).

Another thing, the true ending leads us on to believe that Alice is still in Yuuko and is the reason why she had an emotional outburst into Tohru's chest. This also made me think that the fandisc has a huge impact on definitively ending the story. I sense that maybe you disliked the fandisc or it presented very hard material to explain in relevance to my question but do you know any site that has a review/ discussion I could read just to know the gist of the fandisc( Since ya know Mangagamer doesn't translate fandiscs unless the series is widely popular *cough* Shuffle! *cough*)

Thanks though for answering my questions!

Edited by Naterocks2000

No, I like the fandisc... I just don't feel I should spoil you on it.  Like the original game, it is best to go in unprepared for what happens.  Do you honestly think you could have stood the Christmas chapter if you'd known about it in advance?  (honestly, when I replay the game, I always skip the Christmas chapter)

Well with the slim chances that the fandisc will be officially translated, seeing as its been 4 months since release and no news and in august they said "We usually only translate the fandiscs of games that sell really well " then went on to say we should tell friends and people to buy the game and from what others were saying it sold okay but not as well as titles like shuffle or princess evangile so that it was unlikely to be translated( It was only on the charts for a few days and have been scarcely there since). This made me feel it would be best just to at least close out the game knowing the true events that end it on that fandisc instead of being left in the dark. But I respect that you don't wanna spoil it as if it ever was translated then I would already know the events. Here's to hoping they actually translate it before I decide to hook it and read it with terrible machine translation.

(Man if I knew Japanese I would be so better off)

Edited by Naterocks2000