Ace Attorney

Moekou

It would be against the law to not have a thread for the popular Ace Attorney franchise, aka Phoenix Wright to many people.

Sooo, with the 5th game finally in development and Phoenix back in the main role...whatever happened to Apollo? Murder victim #1? The suspect you defend?

I'd ask the same question, except for Maya. What happened to Maya!? Is she gonna be a murder victim!?

I remember hearing that this next game would be the last one Phoenix will appear in. I find it odd that he's coming back for a full fledged game so maybe they decided to not go that route and he'll be staying for a longer period of time I guess. Or maybe what happens this game will be really shocking. And then Apollo will have to step in again?

Honestly, what I'm looking for is another one of those orchestra albums that they like to release with the games these days. And I still need to buy a 3DS... And lets not forget about Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton now.

I suspect we'll have a few years jump and then maybe a flashback to show what happens to everyone

I'm not sure what their source is (AA wikia), but it's said to be roughly 1 year after the 4th game. A lot of things can happen in a year though. Ever since Trials and Tribulations (including Edgeworth spinoffs... I wish they localized AAI 2...), it seems to be a theme to go to older cases, have a case within a time skip, or even just go in anachronological order.

The same wikia also says Maya Fey "was training at Kurain Village, which seems to imply that she will not feature heavily in the game" which would be disappointing... Although I have managed to enjoy pretty much all of the new sidekicks they've made: Trucy, Kay, etc.

If the whole overarching tragedy/story was about the Fey clan in the first three games, I'd expect whole new one for these games... Maybe to do with what happened in AA4: "A dark time is coming for our legal system ... We have to set it right." I'm guessing/hoping this will strike closer to Phoenix himself.

whatever happened to Apollo? Murder victim #1? The suspect you defend?

The preview of the game was said to be called Turnabout Countdown and the case is about "a high school girl named Shinobu Morizumi, accused of planting a bomb to destroy one of the courtrooms at the District Court." Perhaps he'll be back in one of the later cases, or maybe they'll do one of those things where you play as him for one whole case.

I'm not sure what their source is (AA wikia), but it's said to be roughly 1 year after the 4th game. A lot of things can happen in a year though. Ever since Trials and Tribulations (including Edgeworth spinoffs... I wish they localized AAI 2...), it seems to be a theme to go to older cases, have a case within a time skip, or even just go in anachronological order.

yeah I just read the wiki and one year is not what matters actually, but it's the 8 years that we basically know nothing about (from T&T) since it was not explained in AA4 and only explored a bit in AAI and AA2

Oh right, I forgot to consider the 8 years. I didn't feel that there was anything more to the 8 years besides all the work Phoenix was doing... But I guess there's a lot more to it that they can fill that time gap with.

AAI1 and AAI2 interestingly enough actually managed to squeeze all of those cases before Phoenix gets disbarred so they never had to make reference to that(or were set in the "past"). There was even a "cameo" appearance with Maya and Phoenix together in the background at one point and which would be her last chronological appearance...

They blow the budget on getting Christopher Lee and Morgan Freeman to voice every character.

They reported afterwards that it was a mistranslation and they were only announcing that the voices were still limited to the iconic phrases, which is still good and keeps the costs of localization down.