Odd translation error sub titles come back as a series of zeros

I recently started using VNR to translate games however I have run into a peculiar issue the game's subtitles come back as a chain of zeros with a mix of characters rather than English, when I check the machine translation page it says it set to use google to go from Japanese to English however the translation I receive is unintelligible.  (cant seem to post a link or upload an image) Looked through the boards didn't see anything about this kinda of error any help?

Okay so that seems to have fixed the characters but I still can't get them to translate to English, now there is simply a translated name for the person speaking in some instances with "..." following after if it helps the game I am trying to play is monstergirl paradox I can't get the text in the boxes to be recognized outside of the name which is odd.

On 16/07/2017 at 11:09 PM, towboat421 said:

Okay so that seems to have fixed the characters but I still can't get them to translate to English, now there is simply a translated name for the person speaking in some instances with "..." following after if it helps the game I am trying to play is monstergirl paradox I can't get the text in the boxes to be recognized outside of the name which is odd.

In that same window I mentioned before, check which box have "dialog" checked above it. The one that should be marked is one with exactly the same text displayed in the VN. If no one displays the right text, advance the novel a bit and keep checking that boxes.