Apathy - Shoulld I read it?

Silvz

Hi, Silvz fans!

I saw recently that there is a patch for Apathy - Midnight Collection Vol. 1, and got interested on it. Because of its Vol. 1 on the title, I thought there were other volumes, but VNDB doesn't list them. I don't want to start a VN that is not finished, so I would like someone to clarify if this Vol 1 is a standalone game or if it is better to wait for next volumes.

Thanks in advance :D

I never heard of it, but if VNDB didn't list the other volumes (not even a TBA) that means that Vol.2 onwards it's still early-mid development, and if you want the complete story you should wait.

Edit: After some research I found out that Midnight collection vol.1 and 2 is actually three side stories from the original Gakkou de Atta Kowai Hanashi its remake being Apathy - Gakkou de Atta Kowai Hanashi ~Visual Novel Version~ (which midnight collection follows) but both are not translated yet, apaty have a lot of side stories and sequels that are not translated yet, so it's a pretty hard series to get into from what I see, other side stories include Apathy HayarigamiHayarigami: Keishichou Kaii Jiken File, Shin Hayarigami 1 and 2Apathy Rental KazokuShiju HachiTsukikomoriApathy ~Narugami Gakuentoshi Densetsu Tantei Kyoku~Mazekoi ~Fruit Sand~Mazekoi ~Hot Dog~.

Edited by Guest

Have I told you already how I like you?

From what you linked, it seems that the many stories are not tied together, and the one translated seems to be a standalone game. Unfortunately it appears to not be the the definitive version, which is a shame. I'll try to read it as it is, and if I find it hard (or someone else comments here), I'll move on.

2 hours ago, Silvz said:

Have I told you already how I like you?

From what you linked, it seems that the many stories are not tied together, and the one translated seems to be a standalone game. Unfortunately it appears to not be the the definitive version, which is a shame. I'll try to read it as it is, and if I find it hard (or someone else comments here), I'll move on.

You like me... *blushing intesifies*

I think apaty (the remake and original) are connected 'cause VNDB use the "shares characters" and  not "same setting" kinda of thing so probably some of them have strong connections while others minor cameos (somethin' like the nasuverse).