DMMD Help!

Asami

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes

Game: DRAMAtical Murder // DMMD

Description of Problem: It will load the game but after it says 'Start Screen' it goes to a black screen with just the music playing.

Your Operating System: PC, Asus, Windows 7

64 or 32 bit: I wasn't too sure how to find this out...

What did you already try?: Run as admin, Re-torrent/download.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes.

A friend mentioned that I would be able to right click and run as Japanese locale but I'm not getting this option?

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes

Game: DRAMAtical Murder // DMMD

Description of Problem: It will load the game but after it says 'Start Screen' it goes to a black screen with just the music playing.

Your Operating System: PC, Asus, Windows 7

64 or 32 bit: I wasn't too sure how to find this out...

What did you already try?: Run as admin, Re-torrent/download.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes.

A friend mentioned that I would be able to right click and run as Japanese locale but I'm not getting this option?

If you just press Escape does the game start?

I'm pretty sure I had this as a codec issue, but hit escape and it skipped it.

This is probably a long shot, but have you installed Windows Update KB2803821? It's a dodgy patch that causes problems with WMV videos. It's reportedly stuffed up 'School Days' by causing video blackout, it stuffed up my 'Total War: Rome' (How dare they :angry: )

If you've installed the update, uninstall it and try playing the game again. If it works, be careful you don't reinstall the patch (turn off automatic updates.)

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/3-more-botched-windows-patches-kb-2803821-kb-2840628-and-kb-2821895-222807

I don't know where to find this update. Can you point me where on my computer I should look?

Control Panel -> uninstall a program -> On the panel on the left hand side click view installed updates (this could take a few minutes to load) -> (CTRL + F) type in KB2803821 -> click uninstall if on computer.

Like I said it's a longshot, but the patch has been causing many problems with games so *shrugs*.

Also, Aaeru has said that the title screen going black for up to several minutes is perfectly normal (and yet would be incredibly annoying.) Something about the crack. have you tried loading up the game and then walking away to do something else for a few minutes? I'd try this first before uninstalling the update. Aaeru mentions a couple more things to try here: http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2013/04/dramatical-murder-fan-translation-100-english-patch-released/ It's in the comments section, CTRL+F and type in 'black' to save yourself some time searching.