Newbie Seeking Help with First Kotobukiya Mech Models

So I managed to pick up a SU - 37UB Terminator and F22A - Raptor kit recently to take the plunge into mech model building with absolutely zero knowledge about it. I have tried researching guides on the internet, but I am having a spot of trouble especially when it comes to paints.

Ok, first off I know that there are several tools you should buy to break out the parts from the plastics and sand down the nubs left behind.

- Wire Side Cutters

- X Acto Knife

- Sand Paper

My first question is what type of sand paper (grain size?) would be best for someone with notoriously bad motor control.

Now for my biggest difficulty, the paints. I' have been trying to use guides and google translate to figure out what I need to buy, but I am having issues with comprehending the guide itself. 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10212894t/60/1/1

Is the name of the paints I need to get the bulleted words or the word above the bullets?

Does the percentages mean I have to mix several different colors to get the desired one?

If so, is there a measuring device for small amounts of paint?

What sort of paint brushes would you recommend?

I would appreciate any other tips or links to guides.