Text stuttering / slow in fullscreen. (Various VN)

So. I've tried three VN recently. Koihime Musou. Shikkou no Sharnoth, and Gahkthun.  All three display text at their normal speed when in windowed mode.

Upon going to full screen however...the text will slow down and displays kind of jerky / stuttery. It also pushes everything I have open off onto an imaginary screen.

W7 64-bit

NVIDIA 1080 GTX (Latest Drivers /w Hotfix)

2500K @ 4.5GHZ

8GB 1866MHZ RAM

1TB SSD

I don't know why, two of them likely share the same engine, but the  third one is a different one, and in full screen, text is slow on them all.  Disabling my Receiver, which also disables my sound, seems to fix the problem.  Obviously can't play without sound...so just wondering what could cause this. The weird part is once I go back to windowed, the text remains slow and jerky for like 10-15s before going back to it's normal speed.

I feel like I didn't have this issue in the past with my 670.  It's odd.  It's only with VNs too, games run fine.

Been testing this versus a bunch of VNS. It only seems to happen in Liarsoft VNS.  Fate / Stay Night, Tsukihime, Majikoi, Seinarukana all run fine in full screen. Whenever I full screen Liarsoft VNs, all my items on my desktop are "pushed" onto my imaginary secondary screen. Not so with other VNS.

Guess I'll have to play their games Windowed.  I wish I at least could make them bigger Windows. They're so tiny on my screen in windows form, being 800 x 600 afterall.  Setting Text Speed to instant "fixes" this issue...except then text is instant and I find it jarring.  Also transitions kind of stutter.