VN reader translation bug - Ore Maou! ~ Kudakechitta Tamashii (Ore) no Kakera o Shushuuseyo!

I have been having an unusual problem with an untranslated game I am playing through VN reader (the game is "Ore Maou! ~ Kudakechitta Tamashii (Ore) no Kakera o Shushuuseyo!" - it is an H-game). I am using atlas and Lec machine translation, and have played many different visual novels using this setup, so I know it usually works.

When I play through the game normally, the translation appears like this:

Former [**] [buhate] [**] is : of firewood [fukuchika**tata]. [**diritsu] [be] thief [i**ya;].

However, when I do anything to the game - right click to remove text box, full screen, or enter the config menu and then exit, the translation changes to this: 

Long man life to the current state is traced, and a big sigh occurs.

Both of those quotes are of the same line of dialogue, before and after fullscreening respectively. They were both taken from the atlas translation, but the LEC translation looks pretty much identical. I have no idea what might be causing this, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction

That's not a Japanese sentence, lol. Is that really what you also see in the textbox?

Probably an issue with your locale not using the right charset. Did you set your Date & Time format to Japanese?
Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options --> Formats

Really? I couldn't tell the difference lol. Also, just found out that the reason why I get two different text settings is that the text actually corrects itself when I force it to refresh, by any of the means listed above. Before I refresh, I see the text I posted above. When I refresh, I get this:

現状までの長い人間生活を辿り、大きな溜め息が出る。

I'm fairly sure this means that I just have a crap copy of the game, but if anyone knows if there is a fix for this, I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: Yes, I somehow missed that the writing on screen was CHANGING RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE. I think I may need a stronger prescription. Or new eyes...

26 minutes ago, Enteropsin99 said:

I'm fairly sure this means that I just have a crap copy of the game, but if anyone knows if there is a fix for this, I'm open to suggestions.

Have you already tried my suggestion? I know this issue myself and this is usually the solution.

Are you launching the game with the VNR launcher? As far as I know VNR has the feature to start a game in Japanese locale while your OS is not. This can produce errors like this.
Please try starting the game normally while having your locale set to Japanese AND the date time format set to Japanese. This is usually enough.

If that still doesn't work, there may be some kind of strange region lock in the game itself. I don't know the engine WendyBell uses so I can't help much right now.
If nobody else can help you, I guess I can install the game myself and try to reproduce the error.

Sadly, that doesn't work either - same result. If it helps, I'm using windows 10.

Edit: what did work, however, was using locale emulator independent of VNreader to start the game. Apparently, it emulates a fake registry, which probably fooled the region lock. thanks for the help, Tyrosyn!