[Linux] Cartagra fullscreen resolution

pual

I'm using multi monitor setup in XFCE (two 1920x1080). Cartagra opens up properly in one monitor but if I put it fullscreen it stretches to 3840x1080 on single monitor. I can force it to single monitor at next game boot by modifying prefs file but it resets back if I cycle windowed -> fullscreen once or restart game. I was wondering if this is known bug or my config that is at fault.

For as long as I can remember I've had issues going fullscreen on wine and need to massage things or convince them to go fullscreen by windowing and then FSing afterwards, and then right click sometimes goes wonky. Not only that but the fullscreen issues are different on each game. No VNs are ever in the sights of the wine developers so they would have no idea these are issues and without the games themselves probably won't be able to fix the bugs. If you can work around the issue somehow I suggest you live with it for now and hope that some time in the future it works properly. Fullscreen is problematic even without wine with 4k monitors...

Just now, ittaku said:

For as long as I can remember I've had issues going fullscreen on wine and need to massage things or convince them to go fullscreen by windowing and then FSing afterwards, and then right click sometimes goes wonky. Not only that but the fullscreen issues are different on each game. No VNs are ever in the sights of the wine developers so they would have no idea these are issues and without the games themselves probably won't be able to fix the bugs. If you can work around the issue somehow I suggest you live with it for now and hope that some time in the future it works properly. Fullscreen is problematic even without wine with 4k monitors...

This is native linux version (unity3d), however it could be using old engine.

Sounds to me like a programmer decided to ask the OS for resolution and it returns the desktop size rather than monitor size. It's the same in a single monitor setup, but not with multiple monitors. If coded correctly, it should have picked a monitor and then asked for info on that monitor, not the desktop. It doesn't seem like a huge difference to the programmer, but sadly now that you ended up with a compiled file with the wrong function call, I'm not really sure there is anything to do to avoid it other than what you already did.

There might be a quite primitive solution: turn off the monitor you aren't using. If the computer detects this, then the desktop will reduce the size to the single monitor and it should work.