Any Good Drawing Tools Like Bamboo Manga?

GettMari

Hey can anyone give me any tools or software to which I can draw something. I learned bamboo manga but is there anything besides it? I plan to create drawings and then implement my knowledge in python to create a visual novel perhaps. :D. I plan to have 3 people working and as a 3rd Year Info. Tech student I hope it will be a success.. ;)

Hey there! Good luck with your visual novel making!~ Have you registered and conversed in people in Lemmasoft Forums? They have a lot of VN resources that could be very helpful for your project.

Graphic tablet is a must. I have used Wacom Bamboo Manga (that you have previously said) and it went really good with me. At least I have managed to do something like this with that tablet. And it is relatively cheaper than other Wacom graphic tablets.

other_side_by_arurue-d69k6ci.png

Software for painting are a lot. But I recommended on getting Photoshop CS (anything, but I recommended CS5 or CS3) & Paint Tool SAI (for the main making of the image). Since the both are very useful. Making blinking eyes or animating things, you will need Adobe Flash (or you use Photoshop (Image Ready)) would be fine too.

Hope this post is useful!~

cool you're from the Philippines as well :)

looking for software? Try out Manga Studio or Anime Studio. Although if you're just planning to draw sprites for your game, use SAI. Color it there as well and add effects with PS or GIMP. Use Anime Studio if you're good with vectors and can draw proper images with them. You could also create basic animations if you're using Anime Studio.

But remember that a visual novels doesn't only consist of sprites and software. You need a decent story in order for your game to be played.

I'm assuming you already have a tablet, since you said you have tried other softwares. Well, I couldn't really tell much about tablets since I only use mine for osu! XD

I used bamboo manga for drawing xD while I wish i have enough money to buy cintiq 13HD (999 USD :') )

If you are a beginner in this kind of thing, I think you should use SAI but when you feel you are a pro you should change to clip studio xD

I don't recommended The english one (Read: Manga studio 5) you should use the japanese one (Read: Clip studio), because of the updates. lol

If you can't read japanese you can use this translation xD

Well for drawing sprites, i think SAI is the best one xD

Ofc you have to buy the software

I dunno if i can post this (Well Aaeru said i can) so here we are:

For free SAI, You should check this 2 site:

Site1

Site2

For free manga studio 5:

Manga Studio 5

Dunno about the site language, you should use google translate to read the instruction

There's no cracked version of clip studio, there's only a trial download

Windows

Mac OS X

And there are many free materials

You can browse it in the clip launcher though

and for drawing tutorials, i got this from yande.re

dunno about the link is still up or not. lol