Venus Blood series?

Vokoca

So I was browsing a random eroge magazine and came across the newest entry in the Venus Blood series. I was pretty intrigued by what I saw - I haven't really played any VN with proper gameplay yet, and well, the 'weirder' h-scenes might keep it a bit more entertaining (if only because of curiosity) than, say, the Rance series.

Anyway, this leads me to my question, does anyone here have experience with the Venus Blood series? Are the games any good? And is it worth starting with the first one?

Just a warning, in Hypno if you choose to drive the heroines insane on the Chaos route for the evil harem ending, it'll probably turn your stomach.  I honestly regretted doing it like five minutes in and went back and undid the choices.  Not to mention that the 'fallen' version of the heroines is more powerful than the insane one in most cases... or at least more useful.   Evil Anora and the Evil protagonist are god-powerful though...