Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy(PS Vita game)

Novel21

I personally like Operation Abyss, but I can only recommend it if you really like dungeon crawling games, the kind with tile-based maps and difficult turn-based combat. If not, you will probably be disappointed in OA.

Mostly the problem with Operation Abyss is that it's overly complicated and confusing. The character creation, stats and systems are hardly explained, so starting the game is harder than it should be. There's some confusing elements in the dungeon crawling as well. There's too much focus on finding invisible triggers, which makes exploring kind of tiring at times. Especially when you need to search every single tile to find the one hidden door you previously missed. Sometimes even the destination or objective is unclear. This isn't the case in all dungeons, but it's annoying none the less. 

The story is also bad, for what I've seen. The characters are bland and story feels really empty. It might get better later, but at least the beginning is dreadful. They tried to create a interesting setting, but it doesn't really work.

Still Operation Abyss is not completely awful game, as a heavy DRPG it's pretty fun. But only as a heavy DRPG. If you are looking for normal JRPG experience, Operation Abyss is not very good game.

If you are interested in this kind of game try Demon Gaze. It's clearer, more beginner friendly and overall better game.

It was not for me but dont take me wrong, I like Dungeon crawling RPG very much since I have played DRPG many times before but I have just watched gameplay video on youtube and the gameplay was not for me.

So I'm not going to buy this game but thank you for answer my question

From the reviews I read it seems overly convoluted for no reason.

Hopefully Dungeon Traveler's 2 doesn't have the same problem cause I really want to buy that one. 

It's really weird because their other games like Demon Gaze were so clear. Operation Abyss has some strange design choices.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is looking pretty promising. There's few hours worth of gameplay from Japanese demo on youtube and it looks pretty good. And it seems like it has actual story in top of the gameplay and and fan service parts.