Galaxy Angel/Moonlit Lovers (No Sound Or Music)

Alright, so I have a previously downloaded Fuwanovel version of the game. I'm playing this on a 32bit Windows Vista laptop computer SP2 btw - Intel Onboard Graphics. Just installed CCCP as well and disabled the UAC. Non-unicode programs set to Japanese language. Also have Japanese Applocale as a backup. As you can see, I never usually have these kinds of problems.

Game runs fine. That's not an issue. I can easily get through it with no problem. Unfortunately, on the first Galaxy Angel, I have absolutely no sound or music whatsoever. No voices either, even though I have all the correct data files. A friend running Win7 had the same issue. No sound, music or voices. The opening movie plays, I get a little bit of voice during the introduction and then when Tact starts talking it's perfect silence. No sound, no music, no voices. Additionally, the "voices" section in my settings has been greyed out and is inacessible.

Moonlit Lovers - This time, I have voices. Just no sound and no music. Oddly enough, the "settings" tab reports no issues. Music doesn't play, even though it shows in both games that it very well can. Same with sound.

If anyone could help me, that would be awesome as I plan on playing the whole series this winter. If it still doesn't work, I'll just throw on albums in the background.

BTW: There's nothing wrong with the torrent, I compared it with another folder from a guy who downloaded the exact same thing on Win10 and reports no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I downloaded the ISO's and installed it just as Japanese. I got the same problem. What's more, is that I can run it in Linux with Wine, and the music and sound play, but the game sections and movies do not play. It also crashed. But at least I got sound and music.I wonder why I can't get the sound and voices to work in windows, but they will in Linux. Bizarre.