Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo Installation issues (SOLVED)

Tacchi

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes

Game: Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

Description of Problem: *sigh* Just tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm so newb at this. http://i.imgur.com/0Qb2hTC.png

Your Operating System: Windows 8

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64 bit

Are you running the correct, patched .EXE for the game?:

Have you tried Uninstalling/Reinstalling and then Redownloading?:

I'm not sure if I see the problem here. If you want to uninstall the game you can just delete the whole folder. There is no need to run the uninstall exe since the game isn't really installed in the first place.

Anyway that error is because you don't have the permission to access that file. You can change the permissions from file/folder properties->security tab. Ryoji explained it in detail in this thread. There are minor differences in windows 8 but you should figure it out.

I'm not sure if I see the problem here. If you want to uninstall the game you can just delete the whole folder. There is no need to run the uninstall exe since the game isn't really installed in the first place.

Anyway that error is because you don't have the permission to access that file. You can change the permissions from file/folder properties->security tab. Ryoji explained it in detail in this thread. There are minor differences in windows 8 but you should figure it out.

Well let's start simpler since I'm terrible at this. How do you even install this? I assumed that's how you install it since the description for that exe was Setup/Uninstall.

Plus it says that I have full control over the entire folder.

Exactly. Please read my post on how to do this and you should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with running both games also. when I try to access sharin.exe, it comes up with error message "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running". The same thing happens with yukyu.exe for the second game. Is it because it is not compatible with 64 bit systems? (which is what my pc is).

I have tried changing system locale to jap as well as trying applocale but to no avail.

Can you please help??

Should work fine on 64bit. What windows are you actually using?

Im using windows 7, theres also another exe file for yukyu that's 11kb and trying to open it, comes up with an error message saying yukyu.exe cannot run due to incompatibility with 64 bit versions of windows

"Sharin.exe" is the correct file. I also use Windows 7 (x64), and after trying on both settings, I got the same, exact error you did (according to the screenshot) when I wasn't actually using Japanese non-unicode location. When I correctly set up Japanese location, it works great.

So. Let's set your location:

>Open the start menu

>Type "Region Settings" (Open "Region Settings" which comes up)

>On the "Administrative" tab is a "Language for Non-Unicode Programs" section. If yours says "English (United States)" or anything other than Japanese, change it to Japanese

>Click button "Change system locale..."

>Scroll down and select Japanese

>Restart your computer.

Then it should work. Please let us know if this fixes the problem.