Hmm... I pretty much hit what I didn't like about the story and gameplay in the other posts, so I'll try to outline what is likeable about the game as a whole.
1) The game uses a skit system similar to the Tales games, letting you have short silly conversations at certain points on the map.
2) The variety of skills available - once you've filled them out a bit - is actually really good. By the end of the game, I had a way to deal effectively with just about any situation, without brute force tactics... though healing skills were still lacking in general.
3) While HP growth slows after level 50, the growth of other stats - particularly Asta's - actually increases somewhat.
4) There is an overworld map to explore, in traditional jrpg style.
5) Most of the game has you laughing
For those of you looking to play a gameplay-VN who don't really want a terribly deep story, this is actuall a good choice... but for those looking for an IMZ-style epic, this isn't a good choice. I'd say the story is actually slightly better than most of Alice Soft's other games, as is the humor.
VN of the Month Announcement
Winner: Chrono Clock
The details of my reasoning are on the forum thread, though I think most of you would be able to guess from the posts.