Cross channel - Problem with fullscreen / windowed mode

Systemfatigue

Hello, dear community!

I just started playing Cross channel, but there is a problem: The game starts in windowed mode, and given the resolution of my screen, the window is so small that reading becomes a chore.

So, I went to the settings, and tried setting the game to "Fullscreen" mode. But, the only thing that happens is this: The window moves from the center to the top left of the screen, and the window border disappears, but the size remains the same. The "Screen Size" in the settings screen continues to read "Windowed". If I then try to change the Screen size again, the setting always immediately jumps back to "Windowed".

I have tried most of what is recommended (Alt+Enter just gives me a windows <ding> sound, but nothing else), I tried pressing every key in-game, hoping for a hotkey that would enlarge the window, but to no avail. I tried starting in administrator mode, in compatibility mode, and using the provided shortcut. Nothing helps.

I also took a look at the readme, where the problem is mentioned, but the solution is useless to me:

"Error 3: Fullscreen/Windowed mode setting not saving.
Solution: The cause of this is unknown but the fix seems to be to launch using the CD and change the configuration there."

The problem of course being that, since I use the Fuwanovel version of the game, I don't have a CD. Does anybody have any idea?

I don't know specifics of the game, and this isn't an ideal solution, but you could try running windowed while changing your monitor's resolution. I have a large, high-res monitor that I just run at half its native resolution whenever I play a game that doesn't do fullscreen well. So, rather than letting Katawa Shoujo make everybody distorted on the widescreen display, I decrease resolution on my monitor and run it windowed, so it ends up taking up most of the display; it looks much better this way. Switching between resolutions while playing a VN isn't that big a hassle once you get used to it.