Korean Drama Group - 90 Days

arakura

So I've always had this faint urge to watch foreign dramas, but I've only ever watched one (Coffee Prince, which I really liked) because I somehow dont find the motivation without having someone to talk to them about. Which leads me here. I was wondering if anyone here wanted to pick a Korean drama (or maybe two) and watch an episode or two a week and casually or intensely talk about them (fangirling/fanboying very much appreciated). I dont expect this to be a popular topic, but I was at least hoping to find one or two of you guys to have a fun time with. Let me know ^^

(they dont HAVE to be Korean, but that's my preference for dramas I guess)

Currently watching:

90 Days Time to Love

http://www.crunchyroll.com/90-days-time-to-love

90_Days,_Time_to_Love-poster.jpg

"A fate that surpasses taboo,A love that surpasses moralityHere,at the peak of his life at thirty-one years of age,is a man who is fated to vanish into space as a mere speck of dust in three short months.[in 90 days, I will surely cease to exist,yet the world will go on as if nothing has happened.Even my wife will someday dry her tears,telling herself that the dead are dead and the living must go on living.Then, would it be wrong to ask my wife for a leave of absence during my remaining 90 days?]The fall of 2006.A man and a woman were fated to meet, but their hearts were destined to be broken in the end. They are now desperately pleading for 90 days in which to love each other for the last time on earth. If you were this man's wife, or this woman's husband,how would you answer their pleaa plea that transgresses both morality and taboo...?"

Join us on Saturdays and Sundays, tentatively, to watch and discuss this possible masterpiece!

Reading your intro, I feel I might not have an acceptable suggestion, but have you ever heard of an Indian drama named Adaalat? It's pretty interesting as it focuses on"law" rather than "life" as most dramas I've seen tend to. It follows the cases of a lawyer named K.D. (actual name withheld for later reveal) and is basically just Ace Attorney in drama form. I personally challenge myself to find the culprit before K.D. does to see how adept I am with mystery. English subs are available.

Wahhh so I'm not the only one watching K-Drama <3

I'm in the middle of Emergency Couple now 8D

omg! Would you be willing to start another one with me!? If not, no probs. Lmk and we can decide on one if you want ^^

Reading your intro, I feel I might not have an acceptable suggestion, but have you ever heard of an Indian drama named Adaalat? It's pretty interesting as it focuses on"law" rather than "life" as most dramas I've seen tend to. It follows the cases of a lawyer named K.D. (actual name withheld for later reveal) and is basically just Ace Attorney in drama form. I personally challenge myself to find the culprit before K.D. does to see how adept I am with mystery. English subs are available.

Hmmm, I'll look into it, but I was kind of thinking something romance/slice-of-life focused, so I'm not really sold on it, I'm sorry. I really appreciate the comment though

Hmmm, I'll look into it, but I was kind of thinking something romance/slice-of-life focused, so I'm not really sold on it, I'm sorry. I really appreciate the comment though

I will admit that after episode 30 it just got very boring, so it's not worth watching after that.

Any good drama you can recommend? (lol jk)

omg! Would you be willing to start another one with me!? If not, no probs. Lmk and we can decide on one if you want ^^

Well, if you want to start Emergency Couple that's awesome with me 8D I'm at episode 8 now, and I only watch 1-2 a week because I have scool also xD REASON WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH: CHOI JIN-HYUK LOL (the big bro form The Heirs)

I think I'd be interested in this. A friend of mine introduced me to like 8 episodes of Heirs over the summer and I found it relatively entertaining. It got me thinking about occasionally watching a series. An episode or two a week isn't that large of a commitment, so I think this would be pretty fun.

I think I'd be interested in this. A friend of mine introduced me to like 8 episodes of Heirs over the summer and I found it relatively entertaining. It got me thinking about occasionally watching a series. An episode or two a week isn't that large of a commitment, so I think this would be pretty fun.

Oh nice 8D Did you finish it yet?

I wouldn't want to spoil anything xD

What website do you watch it on? Just wondering? I'm not personally opposed to it ^^

edit: I think we're going to start something fresh (im sorry t.t). We'll probably decide later tonight on what exactly, but you should totally try at least one episode to see if you could get into it with us! I edited the first post with a list of suggestions, but I'm open to additional ones (especially ones focused on specific topics such as bicycling or baking or something like that... Coffee Prince was amazing partially because the whole coffee shop thing)

Alright... just finished watching episode 1, and I really want to watch number two (but I'll wait xD)

I liked it, I think. It's hard to tell because it's the first episode, and they spent so much time setting the story up, and it's not even fully grown yet. Nothing incredibly special, but I didnt expect to be blown away by a romance on the first episode, right? The three casual friends, Mi-Yeok who doesnt seem to have many friend or acquaintances but is doing just fine (except for emotionally). Ji-seok's family relationship is still a little hard to understand, with most of my confusion being about the mother. She just seems... a little out of place when I see her. I dont know, it's probably my failure to understand some aspect of the culture, but we'll see.

It's a drama without a lot being said, I guess. I always have this feeling that I want them to say more. I want her to talk to him about what she's feeling, but she wont! Like I said, the story isnt set up yet, so it'll be interesting if it deviates from expectations, but I'm excited to let it take it's course. Judgement is the birth of defeat.

Looking forward to see people's impressions of the characters. I think it's too hard to say for Mi-Yeok, but she seems like she's one to let things happen instead of making things the way she wants them to be. Ji-Seok (or Ji-Suk, depending on the translation apparently) seems a bit unstable, but he's quite aware of it. It'll be interesting to see how he turns out. I dont really see him and a 'good guy' or 'bad guy', but rather a poor soul who's still hurting over a love story he can neither forget nor attain. Or can he? The med school friend seems pretty cool, and I dont really understand the other much at all yet.

Can't wait to watch more

I don't really have much to say about the first episode. It established the characters and it got me interested enough to want to see episode 2.

You might be able to attribute how little Mi Yeon speaks as a side effect to her partial deafness. Plus, it's a melodrama. You can't just get your feelings out in the open so quickly and resolve things. You've got to let that stuff hit a boiling point. As for Ji Seok's character, I think I liked him. A little too much gnashing of teeth and wailing at some parts, but I'm guessing that comes with the territory for what we're watching. it was actually quite badass how incensed he was, leaping over all those desks to attack that guy who slapped Mi Yeon.

As a side note, do you know what the dude's name was? The one who was attacked. I'm wondering if that's going to be the dude that Mi Yeon's going to end up marrying during the time skip.

Just got around to watching it! Internet is acting iffy and I had to do so in-between writing a paper so be warned.

Mi Yeon & Ji Seok's relationship was pretty cool. I loved the side characters aside from the psycho dad... just... no. Being a meleodrama, and an old one at that, I picked up on a lot of the tropes and plot points very quickly but still enjoyed it very much. I laughed a little too hard and got stares when he flipped his bike into the water though >>" Bikes in general got a bad rap in this show. I also think the one that slapped her (fricken douche) will end up her husband. I think we could find his name on dramawiki? I can't remember it off the top of my head. Overall I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. The music and general lay out was pretty good too for an older show!