E3 2014

Stray Cat

Only things im looking forward to from E3 are ssb, dragon age, hearts of valor (actually I think this might be out now), PC release of GTA, and destiny....oh and KH3 but I didnt see anything at e3 about it.

Everything else was kinda...meh.

I honestly would have been surprised if Atlus released any Persona 5 news there.  They seem to do things on their own schedule, which I respect. 

Why show Q at E3 then? I'd've thought putting stuff up at E3 was to get media coverage, introduce your stuff to new people etc. Yet they only made a trailer for a spinoff based on the two already established games? Surely most fans of 3 & 4 already know about Q; because, after all, they're fans of the series and therefore keeping up with Atlus's frequent updates?

Why show Q at E3 then? I'd've thought putting stuff up at E3 was to get media coverage, introduce your stuff to new people etc. Yet they only made a trailer for a spinoff based on the two already established games? Surely most fans of 3 & 4 already know about Q; because, after all, they're fans of the series and therefore keeping up with Atlus's frequent updates?

You're correct, the purpose of E3 is to get media coverage and show stuff off.  The thing is that Persona Q is already out in Japan (June 5th) and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is already out for arcade and the console version comes out in August in Japan.  Considering we're getting them in November and September respectively that's pretty good for localization time.  Persona 5, on the other hand, has basically no news even in Japan, so they're not going to show game-play or demos to the West when Japan hasn't even seen them.  It's also not set to release in Japan until "Winter 2014" (no actual date) and in the US until sometime in 2015 so it could quite possibly be at E3 next year.  Personally, I would expect news at the Tokyo Game Show this year (September 18-21) at the latest. 

You're correct, the purpose of E3 is to get media coverage and show stuff off.  The thing is that Persona Q is already out in Japan (June 5th) and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is already out for arcade and the console version comes out in August in Japan.  Considering we're getting them in November and September respectively that's pretty good for localization time.  Persona 5, on the other hand, has basically no news even in Japan, so they're not going to show game-play or demos to the West when Japan hasn't even seen them.  It's also not set to release in Japan until "Winter 2014" (no actual date) and in the US until sometime in 2015 so it could quite possibly be at E3 next year.  Personally, I would expect news at the Tokyo Game Show this year (September 18-21) at the latest. 

A fair point. Gameplay of course would be far too much to ask for. I myself was just hoping for another teaser to hint more towards the concept; but I suppose that, too, is asking too much. Have Atlus ever announced anything at TGS though? They certainly didn't in the last two...

A fair point. Gameplay of course would be far too much to ask for. I myself was just hoping for another teaser to hint more towards the concept; but I suppose that, too, is asking too much. Have Atlus ever announced anything at TGS though? They certainly didn't in the last two...

I know Catherine was (man what a great game) and I think one of the earlier Persona games was as well.  Then again, Atlus could release information tomorrow. XD  Like I said before, they tend to do what they want and not always save everything for a huge conference and I respect that. 

I know Catherine was (man what a great game) and I think one of the earlier Persona games was as well.  Then again, Atlus could release information tomorrow. XD  Like I said before, they tend to do what they want and not always save everything for a huge conference and I respect that. 

This is a little off an off-topic reply from E3 by me, but Catherine is worth playing? I wanted it, but wasn't sure if I should get it.

This is a little off an off-topic reply from E3 by me, but Catherine is worth playing? I wanted it, but wasn't sure if I should get it.

Highly, highly recommend (it was in my top 10 if you saw that).  The game-play is fun enough if you like puzzles but the real fun comes in the morality meter, which makes it extra fun to play in groups (or with a significant other  ;) ).

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2FjqieajyY