A question about Little Busters!

Kygrykhon

So I tried playing Little Busters! and just finished my first route. It says Rin's route.

Everything was nice and all to the point where Riki had Narcolepsy, and then in his sleep someone was saying that "The path you didn't take; try it next time" or something.

My question is, is this a good end? If yes then I'm kinda disappointed. Might try another route right away.

Another question is, when I right-clicked the menu screen, a blue screen with light orbs flying randomly appears. What is that?

to not spoil anything I can say only these words:

Keep playing!

In the end you will understand everything smile.gif

and to explain the route you just had, tiny little spoiler:

It was the so called rin 1, you will be able to make different decisions in her route after you finish all the others, again it is explained why and makes so much sense - the game really is masterpiece.

to not spoil anything I can say only these words:

Keep playing!

In the end you will understand everything smile.gif

and to explain the route you just had, tiny little spoiler:

It was the so called rin 1, you will be able to make different decisions in her route after you finish all the others, again it is explained why and makes so much sense - the game really is masterpiece.

Thats not really a spolier...Its actually better if he knows this detail. Some people play this and and quit playing after a few routes cause they dont know you have to do all the routes to get the true endings. This game is definately the best VN ive ever read. Its well worth the read. Like Steve said. KEEP PLAYING!

As for the orbs. Everything will make sense when you finish it.

Yeah I guess not many people mind that, I know I hate spoilers so I try to be careful as I don't know what other people would consider spoiling something for them.

True even I after finishing the first playthrough lookup what is the route order to unlock true, in LB particularly I finished Kud first without knowing what is and isn't locked and then I looked up the playing order and decided to leave Rin as last exactly for that reason.

But you never know, there might be people who like to achieve all the secrets and specials by themselves so its good to be careful.

Internet is very dangerous tool, I remember back in times without internet (NES etc), I always figured all stuff in games all by myself or we did it with friends together. Now it is too easy to just lookup a guide and skip the problem where you are stuck etc, its a double-edged sword, yes you might save time at first, but then you might end up looking up guide for every single little problem and losing potential fun.

Yeah I see your point . BUT! This is Little Busters! The order you play it will alter certain Scenes. I played it the Komari>Rin>Haruka>Kud>Kurugaya>Mio>Rin2 Way. Because!

Rins attitude and lines will change from your first route. After you do Komaris her attitude changes, and again after Rin 1 you will see the same personality for the rest of the game. That why I played it in that order.

But this VN is full of secrets. You could play this one for months. Its well worth the time. It took me about a month to read all of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question as well.

I just finished all six routes and am trying to start Rin2. How do I do this? I played through Rin's route again, but at the end, it still said for me to try the path I hadn't taken.

What do I do?

Did you get the good ending in all 6 routes? Merely playing through them isn't enough.

Yup, I got all the good ends.

Do you remember seeing a "Well done!" message after completing the 6th route? If that didn't show up, that means you either missed a route or something caused it not to flag properly. Try playing through the routes again on Skip Mode while using a walkthrough for the choices. It shouldn't take long at all with that.

I feel the problem is that he loaded beginning of rin1 isn't it?

You have to play the common after the last girl's route once again - it has some changes and then if you make decisions for rin, it will have rin2 instead.

Hmm, I don't remember any such changes after finishing all 6 routes, just Rin's dialogue changes after completing Rin 1. You DEFINITELY have to play through the entire Rin route, though. If you just start at the end, you won't see a scene at the beginning of the route which is necessary to flag Rin 2.

You can't use a save that happens any time after the scene of Rin's old cat dying. If you start after, it'll default to Rin 1.

MINOR SPOILER BELOW (Dunno how to do spoilers or anything similar)

you put the text into

[spoiler] SPOLIER TEXT [/spoiler]

hm it might be because I played rin1 as last and then I replayed the common and got rin2 so I thought you have to play the full common again - save at the very beginning of rin1 didn't work for me

Hmm, I don't remember any such changes after finishing all 6 routes, just Rin's dialogue changes after completing Rin 1. You DEFINITELY have to play through the entire Rin route, though. If you just start at the end, you won't see a scene at the beginning of the route which is necessary to flag Rin 2.

MINOR SPOILER BELOW (Dunno how to do spoilers or anything similar)

You can't use a save that happens any time after the scene of Rin's old cat dying. If you start after, it'll default to Rin 1.

I've started right from the beginning each time. There have been some differences, like Rin being able to beat the "mysterious creature" a couple times, a puppet show thing, stuff like that. The cat hasn't died any of those times and she stays with Riki. I'm choosing each choice needed to complete the route.

Each girl's route has been completed to their good end, saved after the final choice, right before the end.

If it makes any difference, I've been following this walkthrough. http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=LB!:Walkthrough#Haruka_Saigusa

Do you remember seeing a "Well done!" message after completing the 6th route? If that didn't show up, that means you either missed a route or something caused it not to flag properly. Try playing through the routes again on Skip Mode while using a walkthrough for the choices. It shouldn't take long at all with that.

I did Mio's route last and never got the "Well Done!". I guess I'll try fastforwarding through the other routes and see if that works at all.

hm that is correct, its weird, the minigames shouldn't have any effect on the unlocking.

But well I won against saito and also won the baseball game few times and also defeated all life forms but that shouldn't make any difference.

do you have normal or EX version?

I did Mio's route last and never got the "Well Done!". I guess I'll try fastforwarding through the other routes and see if that works at all.

If you didn't get a message like that (it's just plain white text on a black background, similar to the one you see at the end of Rin 1), then it's DEFINITELY a case of one of the routes still being marked as incomplete. Probably just a minor bug that'll be fixed doing just that.

You can trust that walkthrough, by the way. I used the same one.

Huh? But I never see any *** *****. Does it mean I didn't even get Rin1 correct?

*** ***** = cat dying :P/>

Edited by Kygrykhon

Huh? But I never see any *** ******. Does it mean I didn't even get Rin1 correct?

If you saw the white message on black saying something about path you didn't take then you got rin1 done.

Now you should forget everything else you read in this topic as Alxariam didn't use spoiler tag xD