Little help with Ayakashibito

Hey guys, I can't seem to run the game fullscreen on at least 1080x768 on my laptop,since most of the older games run on the above said resolution(Infact when i toggle fullscreen ingame I think it gets even smaller),I don't really mind playing windowed.... but it might get frustrating so it'd be great if there's a solution for this.

So, I have my locale on JP(this game does not even require this right?) ,64 bit system,downloaded from fuwa and yea.. tried changing res from nvidia control panel,but the res stays the same.Oh also did that Ctrl-alt-f11(wonder if this even helped somoene).I also tried changing res from that INI ryo folder and set it to 1080x768....but then the game does not run at all gives me an error every time unless the resolution is set to 800x600.

I recently tried changing it's exe's compatibility to win 95 from xp and well now it just went 1366x768(original res) which is horribly distorted.Still coudnt'nt get it to work on decent res. Does it even have one? or are you supposed to play it on 800x600?

Ayakashibito does require japanese locale as far as I know, to the point of crashing on startup if you don't have it on.

I'm personally reading it with no compatibility settings at all on win7.

What you probably want to do is go into your nvidia settings and do this then run it fullscreen, found it on a forum and can't confirm due to my rather unique gpu setup (I know I've wrangled my other computer, which has an nvidia card, into doing this for I/O though):

Both ATI and nVIDIA drivers have modes that can be set to alter the behavior of full-screened 4:3 applications, so if your monitor doesn't directly support maintaining a proper aspect ratio on 4:3 resolutions, it can be handled entirely by your GPU.

To find these options:

NVIDIA:

NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position

Set scaling mode to Aspect Ratio, and make sure Perform Scaling On: is set to GPU.

For what it's worth, my monitor's native resolution is 1366x768 too and by preserving aspect ratio it looks fine (but I use intel integrated, not nvidia). Pic: http://puu.sh/95S43/d66abe7ca4.png for example, though this pic doesn't show the unavoidable black bars to the sides due to keeping the original aspect ratio (I don't mind those...)

Ayakashibito does require japanese locale as far as I know, to the point of crashing on startup if you don't have it on.

I'm personally reading it with no compatibility settings at all on win7.

What you probably want to do is go into your nvidia settings and do this then run it fullscreen, found it on a forum and can't confirm due to my rather unique gpu setup (I know I've wrangled my other computer, which has an nvidia card, into doing this for I/O though):

For what it's worth, my monitor's native resolution is 1366x768 too and by preserving aspect ratio it looks fine (but I use intel integrated, not nvidia). Pic: http://puu.sh/95S43/d66abe7ca4.png for example, though this pic doesn't show the unavoidable black bars to the sides due to keeping the original aspect ratio (I don't mind those...)

YUP,thanks so much for this,It did work.Cant believe I missed that setting in nvidia controll pannel(since i never had to use it), was trying all kinds of things with 3d settings and stuff....lol.

So I can play with the usual res now(I dont mind the black bars too,but 800x600 was too much).Btw I never had this issue with I/O...weird.Anyways Ty for the help!