Mitadake high, anyone?

Zodai

Well have fun with that game.I'll tell you my personal experience.

I found the game by searching in TV Tropes for "something".It caught my attention,so I decided to play it........You know,I'm an old player of Mitadake High,so I will just talk about Misuterii High this time.

Well,so I found out that both Pyrce High and Mitadake died,and someone made a third game called Misuterii High.I decided to install BYOND(note:I left BYOND after PH died) and play it.At first I was so happy and etc,but then I started playing a lot of rounds and....

-First of all,out of maybe 80 rounds I played,only 1 was decent (I'm not joking,the mode was a Custom one called Detective).The players don't try their best to RP.For example,the moment I spawn in the game and try to talk with my classmate,he/she runs for no reason.

-Second: It gets repetitive.Sure,the first rounds are "cool" and "amazing",but try to play 5 rounds in a row in a single day.It gets boring after a while.

-Third: Most of Watchers use OOC instead of Watcher Chat.This gets annoying while you are RPing..(I'm not sure if there was an option to turn off OOC.)

-The community is meh.Half of the playerbase was nice and cool,but the other half is.......I'll stop myself here before I start cursing.

-The "GMs" aren't useful.They are on when you don't need them,but when someone is breaking a rule,they are never on.

And I can go on and on....

Note that this is just an experience and personal opinion,try the game yourself before deciding by just reading this.Here' s a review of MH of a guy who shares my opinion:http://www.byond.com/members/Perpetr8rthePerpetu8r?command=view_post&post=67763

I thought i was the only one here who used played this, i have never tried this version but Mitadake High was so awesome. I remember hosting random killing rounds just for some people that liked to do it. Role playing was the best part but sadly that only depends on the players which is why you can never play good round. I guess around 75% of the players are assholes (including me sometimes) or just hilariously stupid and always do something to ruin the round. It was always very rare to have a good round in this. Being able to create your own maps also added some fun to it. Not to mention the various references to Higurashi, Tsukihime and Death Note (best gameplay mode). 

Megaman wars was also very fun but i think that died a while ago too.

I thought i was the only one here who used played this, i have never tried this version but Mitadake High was so awesome. I remember hosting random killing rounds just for some people that liked to do it. Role playing was the best part but sadly that only depends on the players which is why you can never play good round. I guess around 75% of the players are assholes (including me sometimes) or just hilariously stupid and always do something to ruin the round. It was always very rare to have a good round in this. Being able to create your own maps also added some fun to it. Not to mention the various references to Higurashi, Tsukihime and Death Note (best gameplay mode). 

That's one of the main problems.The game had a perfect idea,dark atmosphere,etc but it just fails to execute it.

Honestly,in my opinion,I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.

Edit:Most of the games in BYOND now at days aren't worth it.The site is full of R.I.Ps games (Misuterii High counts)

That's one of the main problems.The game had a perfect idea,dark atmosphere,etc but it just fails to execute it.

Honestly,in my opinion,I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.

Edit:Most of the games in BYOND now at days aren't worth it.The site is full of R.I.Ps games (Misuterii High counts)

I can tell you that it's probably no where near as bad as Space Station 13, oh man that game was horrible. Especially the staff members in that game were terribly abusive and a bunch of assholes. The worse part of it was the disgusting community. Of course i can tell you i've seen so many games that had ripped sprites and icons off of other games which was also a big problem with BYOND overall. BYOND is dying because pretty much most of the games on there nowadays lack originality and the good games that i actually liked are already dead. I honestly wanted the creator of Mitadake High to not give it away and keep on supporting it but i guess he didn't care about it anymore and wanted to keep on working on Sigrogana Legend instead. 

I can try and host a private server just for fuwa members if you guys want to try it sometime. More or less i figured out the hosting shit again but i'm still going to have to figure out all of the new shit that was added in Misuteri High. The music that they used in this one when you select a mode is awful compared to Mitadake High though, so i might put in some music of my own. 

Edited by FruitsPunchSamurai

I can tell you that it's probably no where near as bad as Space Station 13, oh man that game was horrible. Especially the staff members in that game were terribly abusive and a bunch of assholes. The worse part of it was the disgusting community. Of course i can tell you i've seen so many games that had ripped sprites and icons off of other games which was also a big problem with BYOND overall. BYOND is dying because pretty much most of the games on there nowadays lack originality and the good games that i actually liked are already dead. I honestly wanted the creator of Mitadake High to not give it away and keep on supporting it but i guess he didn't care about it anymore and wanted to keep on working on Sigrogana Legend instead. 

I can try and host a private server just for fuwa members if you guys want to try it sometime. More or less i figured out the hosting shit again but i'm still going to have to figure out all of the new shit that was added in Misuteri High. The music that they used in this one when you select a mode is awful compared to Mitadake High though, so i might put in some music of my own. 

Hmmmm,well you are starting to get my attention....But yeah,Misuterii High is about Madoka (Suicide) Mode and Tsukihime (OP Killer that has 2 "friends" and has a chance to revive if dies").I just can't bring myself to play it.I didn't like the changes they added to the game,but meh...

Personally I think it was closer to 10%.  Most of the rounds I've played in have been quite enjoyable, and I think I've only really had one match where someone deliberately tried to ruin it (Out of some 15-20 matches thus far).  To be honest, I've been finding the matches fun most of the time if we have a sufficient number of players.