Import Friendly Games

solidbatman

I'm beginning to import games from Japan despite not knowing the language. I recall seeing a chart a while back of games that were import friendly/could be played without much knowledge of the Japanese language. Does anyone know of that chart, or would anyone be willing to give me suggestions on some games that can be played without really knowing the language? 

I'm not really sure if I can give you the chart but, I'm sure you'll probably enjoy the Tales of games if you haven't, lots of friends told me the games can be completed pretty easily even when they are in Japanese, if you haven't played already Super Heroine Chronicle and Tears to Tiara II (the latest is quite story-heavy but has voice acting here and there, in most dialogues actually, so you might be able to understand something), there's also Zero no Kiseki Evolution and Ao no Kiseki Evolution in PSVita, and I think both of them have Full-Voice Acting, not only that, but I completed the first one and it's pretty easy to battle in-game, I never even searched for "How to use" something, and it's still very fun IMO, I would try to recommend Fairy Fencer F but you probably already played it, or you'd be better waiting for the western version soon.

Ironically, the very best Tales games are ones that were never translated. I would strongly recommend Tales of Destiny Director's Cut and Tales of Rebirth, in that order, both on PS2. If you've played other Tales games you'll get by, and even then I'm sure there are guides out there. Of course you'll miss out on all the funny skits, but still. They're playable for their battle systems/atmosphere alone.

I'm not a fan of the Tales of games. Never can seem to nail down the battle system. 

I thought so... oh well, the reason I recommended other games was that one, I myself didn't recommend J-Stars because I don't quite like it. Anyways, Drakengard 3 is also good if you like these kind of games, but western already has date.