Help on Hoshizora No Memoria Screen Issues

Zelos Wilder

I attempted to go back and play Hoshizora no Memoria (i played it on my old Pc R.I.P)

on my new Pc however im having bizarre issue with the sprites ingame im playing japanese locale im running as admin im playing on it fully patched however ive never had anything like this.

pretty much what happens is on many occasions (it happens more the later the game goes on)

the sprites will change size zoom or in some cases stay on the screen and wont leave unless i restart the game 

e.g 2 girls sprites appear on screen they are talking to you then 1 *leaves* the conversation however her sprite stays till i restart the game that includes CGs and scene changes

e.g 2 the screen is very zoomed out so that the sprites on screen are clearly showing there legs being cut off because they are not meant to be that zoomed out

with the original blog being down i have no idea where to even begin with this issue and i said earlier ive played this game before so its even more weird because i had no such issue on my old Pc

Any ideas?

Not sure what Specs to post if any are needed so do ask if so.

EDIT!:i posted this at roughly 7am i waited 2 hours no replies :< however ive gotten really tired so ill get back to this as soon as i wake up~ next time i shall post mid day not 7 hours after staying awake after midnight

im running windows 7 home premium

ive been avoiding re downloading it because that would take a looong while with my internet 

ive attempted to re install it already no diffrence however i haven't tried reinstalling it with antivirus turned off will try now ^^

i figured it would either be the copy of th game i downloaded or soemthing wrong with my computer not being to run certain files properly i will be happy to re-download 

im already downloading fuwanovels copy of it

and my original copy i have no idea where it came from i keep all vns original zips and iso files i  on a portable hard drive so its the copy from my old Pc which originally worked.

btw im really curious the blonde haired girl in your signature who is she and what is she from,as far as i know all games by "Favourite" people who created hoshizora is still in japanese save for hoshizora there art style looks identical :o

im not complaining about there content im very satisfied and i look forward to the 80% patch for dracu riot but the guy is retiring is he not if staircase was doing it wouldnt that mean it would be canceled or dropped  and seeing another translator team cancel their project would make my heart break

i finished downloading and sadly no difference  

the game is still playable though the lingering sprite issue doesnt occur so often i have to restart every 5mins

ive been checking other places for any similar issues i think this might be a problem with my Pc so ill suppose ill have to grit my teeth through this one ive been through worse anyway thanks for your time despite the lack of solution

• 2 years later...

2 Years to late but might help other out I fix the issue. 

Warning: it will erase ALL save files, but worth the fix

1: LOAD THE GAME 

2: RIGHT CLICK THE GAME ICON ON THE TASK BAR

3: GO TO PROPERTIES AND CLICK THE COMPATIBILITY TAB

4: GO TO WERE IT SAYS COMPATIBILITY MODE AND SELECT THE BOX (RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR:

WINDOWS XP (NOT HIGHER OR LOWER)

5: CLICK APPLY AND OKAY. THEN EXIT AND RELOAD THE GAME. IT WILL (OR MAYBE NOT) ASK IF YOU EXCEPT THESE CHANGES HIT YES.

BINGO ITS FIXED.