No voices in VNs

Ichien

So...It happend to me a few times by now, but I can't take it anymore. About 60% of the VNs I play are voiceless in my case and I don't know why. It first happened with clannad and I was really suprised because I played it just a few a days before and voices were all perfectly alright. By the way it happened after I switched to a japanese locale, but I don't want to believe that is the reason. Can someone help me please?

Try reinstalling the sound drivers.

If you still have the CDs that came when you bought your PC, there should be one for drivers there. Insert it and look for the sound drivers there and reinstall.

In case you don't have the CDs or you still have problems, let's upgrade your drivers.

Is your PC made from joining different parts or is it prebuilt?

If it's the former, you have to know the name of the model of your motherboard. You can probably get it going to start>run and typing winmsd. There you'll get the System Manufacturer and the System Model.

If it's the later just type the model of your PC along with its brand.

I'll link you the drivers once you give me the motherboard/PC model.

There is also the possibility that you have an independent sound card so you'd need specific drivers for that.