How to locate and change the text font in a Vita game?

Recently I have been messing around with scripts in Vita otomes and learning how I would patch their scripts to English. I was able to unpack and repack the script files for Shiro to Kuro no Alice, successfully replacing the text boxes with filler english text. Except due to the Japanese font the English was spaced weirdly. I've been searching around an unable to find a guide or anything on how to change the ingame font to fix this issue or if there's another solution. If anybody had some advice on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated! 💖 (I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I did try and do some searching before posting this;;) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

To fix the issue of weird spacing in English text caused by the Japanese font in Vita otomes, you can try this-

Find a suitable English font, you can look for a Unicode-compliant English font that closely resembles the Japanese font used in the game. This will ensure that the English text fits well within the text boxes.

Font replacement in the Game files- Unpack the game files again, locate the Japanese font files used in the game (usually with file extensions like .ttf or .otf), and replace them with the chosen English font files. This will make the game use the English font for displaying text.

Edited by raavikant