A fandisc for Even if Tempest was just announced!

Shiawase_Rina

even-if-tempest-for-nintendo-switch-fan-

A fandisc for the otome game Even if Tempest was just announced in B's LOG (a magazine for joseimuke content).

Even if Tempest was just released this year in June and both Japanese and English text were available from day one. It's the first Switch otome game from the company Voltage that isn't a mobile game port.

It was written by Ushio Ayane the scenario writer of Norn9 and Juuzaengi. She has been posting a lot about the game and the characters on her social media accounts as well.

Description:

“Trapped by time, by fate, and by love.”

Raging flames sear her flesh. Scolding laughter weighs her down as lead. Her last moments are as she lived: bereft of love, void of hope, and overflowing with despair.

And then, she dies.

A witch whispers to the girl steeped in regret. “Don’t you want a second chance?”

The witch bestows upon her the power of the “Fatal Rewind,” and her charred life is returned to a pure white. A blank slate.

“This time, I will transform into the ideal version of myself.”

With this oath branded into her heart, she returns to life… Yet this resolve will only lead to further misfortune.

The curtain rises on the Carnival, and this witch trial shall herald the end.

[from Gematsu]

I'm very happy about this! I took the risk and brought it Day 1 and besides some weird crashes I really loved the game! It feels really unique since it tried to implement Ace Attorney and Werewolf-like gameplay. It is also inspired by the current "otome isekai/villianess" trend, but it sidestepped most of the tropes I dislike from that. It was also surprisingly gory/cruel at times.

I guess this means it sold REALLY well if they are announcing a FD after just 4 months lol

Looking forward to seeing Tyril and Anastasia again!

7 hours ago, Pallas_Raven said:

Oh, this is a pleasant surprise. I quite enjoyed Even if Tempest so I'm definitely up for a fandisc. It does make me wonder what they can even do for this game outside of the standard set of after stories?

I don't want to set my hopes too high but I would love to get the backstory of the Witch of Ruin. We were told the rough story but I would love to properly see it. And I also want a route for him and frankly don't care how they make it work I just want it lol

Other than that also I saw AU stories (like MC villain AU, what if they got together in a more peaceful scenario AU etc.) and more main story-like stories in other otome fandiscs. Since the writer is the same one for Norn9 we could also expect some more major lore to drop in the fandisc that didn't make the cut for the main game.