Muv-Luv Alternative Install Issue (Solved)

Down

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? Yes
Game NameMuv-Luv Alternative
Your Operating System: Windows XP
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes

So, this time it's me calling for help. I played through Extra and Unlimited and now that I want to get my reward, computer refuses to install the bloody game.

Basically:

1) If I try to install the game in japanese first from the ISO (in order to apply the patch after), all I get when trying to run setup.exe (or any .exe on the disc) is a flash of a command windows and then nothing. 

2) If I try running the installer.exe, I end up with a heavily undersized folder (93 Mo), and of course when I try to run the game I get an error message in Japanese basically saying "missing important file, terminating process". Worth noting that the installer warns me that "the .iso isn't the 1.0 version and it might not work". 

I've tried various combinations of rebooting/redownloading/reinstalling, I run everything as an admin, I don't have an antivirus and I've obviously set japanese local.

I've run out of ideas about what to do, so I'm turning to you.

Ok, I actually found a way around it.

I don't know what was wrong, but I took the game folder of a friend who managed to install it.

Of course trying to directly run the .exe from his folder didn't work, but I put his data files in the undersized folder created by the patcher I mentioned earlier, ran my own .exe, and somehow it worked. o/

Thanks Tay.