Ne no Kami (Part 2) Discussion (SPOILERS)

voidpointer

So I just finished part 2 of Ne no Kami. What the actual f*** was that ending about? The last 5 minutes of the VN felt very rushed. Apparently the "god" that the ayakashi wanted to bring back was just a giant tree, which made everyone realize it wasn't a threat after all, and the whole war was pointless.

There are still some confusing pieces:

1. The woman that showed up in Len's mind (the one that unlocks her power). Maybe it's irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, but this was VERY unexplained and they didn't even give her a face.
  2. In the ending video, they talk about how the Kunai Organization had a trump card, something about 11 goddesses or something. That made zero sense to me and feels very deus ex machina. Was this explained through the story? Also after they explained that, everyone in unison says "But that's ok, this is the world we live in!"... what..?
  3. The black-haired woman that Len was fighting at the very end, she lost the fight but then walked away. What was her motivation for this whole thing? They didn't really explain what the fight was for, or what happened to her after the crows flew Shino and Len away.
  4. WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED TO HAKU??? Q_Q
Edited by voidpointer

ok I'm playing through again and apparently there is a 2nd choice that I forgot to pick. Seems like it's explaining some stuff. We'll see if this answers any of my questions. Sorry, this ended up being a bit premature (possibly...).

EDIT: Looks like the options just unlock more H scenes, but doesn't change the plot at all. So yeah, the ending ruined this VN for me I think. Unless someone can give some information about my questions above. This VN had so much potential, and the story leading up to the ending was so good. Lots of plot twists and such. I feel like they wasted it with the ending.

EDIT 2: I assumed Part 2 is the end of the series. If there is a part 3 later, then I can be a little less disappointed.

Edited by voidpointer

• 1 year later...

Late reply in 2019: I don't think there will be even a part 3. I suspect the writers went over their head with progression (Illuminati-like organization, Conspiracy theory, Tsuchigumo backstory ...) and stuck in a block. They introduced a lot of new elements into part 2, as seen in extra story, hint at possible continuity but went silent since.

It would have been better if part 2 stopped at Uzume's will (before intervention) and Ruka's confession, so it had sort of nakige ending. Then they can continue writing and planning for part 3 with even bigger plot twists.