Changes Incoming: Game FAQs and Revamped Walkthroughs

Tay

Hi everybody,

This topic is to let you know about two forums changes that will be rolling out over the coming days.

#1 - Game FAQs (link to new board)

We will be going through the technical support board and compiling questions and answers for each game into one place. These FAQs will then be linked to from the game's main site page. We hope this will be HUGE in cutting down the overwhelming amount of repeat-topics.

This is going to be a labor-intensive effort. While we've made a simple copy-paste template for the FAQ itself, we still have to comb through the forums for each game. If anyone would like to help us in this effort, we would LOVE it!

#2 - Changes to the Walkthrough Board

• We have added a new section for people to post any walkthroughs they want. They don't have to be formatted like our featured walkthroughs. You can find the new open board here.
  • The Walkthrough Requests topic (not often used) has been moved to the Visual Novels board
  • The Walkthrough Feedback topic has been moved to the walkthrough board and is open for comments

The Fuwanovel-formatted walkthroughs (see this example of what I mean by "formatting") have been very positively received. Yet, there are still some players out there who prefer unformatted ("Traditional" or "Japanese") walkthroughs. We wanted to provide a location for people to post whichever walkthroughs they'd like to use.

That said, the response to Fuwa-formatted walkthroughs has been surprisingly high: an initial survey had 19/20 preferring the Fuwa-formatting to traditional guides, and a second survery (completed this morning) showing 22/25 agreeing. If you like these walkthroughs, consider building one! Here's a guide!

(Posting this everywhere...)

The current list of games/issues has been completed (link). Now we just need to post the FAQ template and get started! I'll be out for the next few hours, but if nothing happens by the time I get back, I'll be happy to start driving this forward!

Thanks, everyone -- I hope people will pitch in to make this happen quickly!

EDIT: Kendjin is rockin the house. Thank you! Let's spread the load!