World Trigger

Arsudar

Currently I'm reading several new generation manga series, so I feel like to give some reviews for them. This one is World Trigger:

Story type: World rescuer... absolutely not new so this can be boring.

Pros: 
+ Has some pretty good concept about fighting styles (like dividing role - Sniper - Gunner - Melee), bunch of weapons varieties (especially the Black Trigger). 
+ Involving pretty deep strategical element, combat involving plans and strategies in order to win, not just charging in the battlefield with the power of "trust and believe" and win. 
+ Main character is not badass (actually this is both cons and pros). I put it this way because seems there is a trend of super character right at the beginning. Main character follows a pretty interesting path to me, he's a thinking type, not fighting type, his struggle between being a good fighter and being a good leader.

Cons:
+ Somehow I feel the storyline is slow and somewhat mundane. The story is gradually becoming more interesting in the recent chapters (at the moment of this comment) but still not enough impact to pull me in.
+ The main character (Osamu) is so... irritating, so weak, he can cause annoying feeling to many readers at the beginning. Luckily the guy is getting better as the story goes. 

That's all I can say at the moment, so to conclude for now I also give this one 7/10, not excellent, definitely a hit right at the start. I can recommend this one to all manga fans, IF, you are patient and forgiving enough since it will surely annoy you at the beginning. Seems it is best to wait for several more chapters to see how things go.