Higurashi Watanagashi (MG version, Steam) Occasionally Doesn't Show Sprites/CGs, crashes in Chapter 6

Funyarinpa

So basically, I think this occurred because there isn't an official voice ONLY patch for the second Higurashi chapter, so I just set up the PS3 graphics + voice patch but without altering any CGs. This is the most recent Mangagamer translation of Higurashi.

The problem is that once I installed the patch, while the voices work without problems, occasionally a BG wouldn't show up (it'd be plain black or white), also the sprites failed to show up quite often.

I don't remember what I exactly did, but I think I somehow managed to lower the frequency of the issue.

However, now the game gets stuck after a point and I have to Alt-F4. A post on Steam Discussions pointed to me that it might be a missing texture that's causing this.

Can anyone upload:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Higurashi 02 - Watanagashi/HigurashiEp02_Data/StreamingAssets\CG/sunset/si_si_wi_a1.png

I'll see if putting that into my own game's directory will help. If that doesn't work I'll probably have to reinstall the game and the patch. I don't want to do that.

Could anyone get the PS3 graphics and voice pack for Higurashi Watanagashi working without changing the backgrounds or sprites? I love the original backgrounds and the Mangagamer sprites, but my game hits a point where it just gets pitch black and I have to Alt-F4. I did check the game log for a missing texture or something, but what it "could not find" is stuff that I actually do have in my CG folder. I'll try to replace the BGs if that's what I have to do to fix this thing, but I really would rather not.