[M]y first time, be gentle please

Heym Welcome!

Hope you enjoy here as much as i am enjoying!

I have NieR and i never played it. Is it THAT good?

Welcome to you as well! Let us brave this forum together, as comrades. As for NieR, i see it as a hate or love type game. Personally, I loved it. It was my first JRPG as well as the gateway to the Eastern media for me. If you are the type of gamer that believes the better the graphics the better the game or a gamer that does not like repetitive games, then there is a moderate chance you will not like this game. But it has killer music and a solid story that will leave you shocked and in awe. The fighting is a bit repetitive, but different weapons and the ability to use magic allows you to mix it up a bit to make it enjoyable.

The game is a JRPG but it has a Legends of Zelda adventure feel to it. I don't hesitate to compare The Ocarina of Time with NieR, in the way the world is set and the way you move about. So the areas you will be going to aren't much, so you will see the same area over and over again. Some people have a problem with that, but I don't. So it really depends. I poured in 75 hard solid hours into that game. I did everything the game had to offer. But usually people finish around the 30-40 hour mark if you want to beat the game while getting the most out of it.

Did i mention there is a flying talking book involved?

But hey, if you already have it, I highly recommend trying it out. I must warn you, it will take a few hours to get a feel for it. Plus, the game starts off a bit slow. So dont trash it after playing for an hour. Play around 4-6 hours before making a decision. If you ever do decide to play it, let me know how it goes. Interested to see what you think of it.

Sure. I got it when i bought my xbox. I know i have it, but i still need to find it. LOL.

The talk about a certain old lady got me curious...so i will definitely try!

12 hours in the forum and have tons of stuff to play...YAY!

The last game i played on my xbox was Dante's Inferno, and it was pretty good. The game reminded a la very old ps1 game. Soul Reaver...well, old times.

Here goes the cd case image...

Legacy_Of_Kain_Soul_Reaver_pal-front.jpg

lol anytime. My ultimate goal in life is to spread the wonderful OST across the globe. Everyone must know of it. Indeed it is a shame that no sequel will be developed, but there is Drakengard 3. It seems Drakengard series and NieR are set in the same universe. Haven't looked too deep into it due to spoilers, but the news made me interested enough to play Drakengard 1 and 2, for 3 has yet to be released. But for Drakengard 3, the creators of NieR are part of the development team, and rumor has it, it will tie in to NieR. Take a look at that if you interested.

Hehe, I wish you the best of luck and if you need asisstance in any way you only need but ask, Fujimoto Takashi help his friends.

They are indeed related! awesome right? Drakengard is a good game, but only because of its CRAZY TWISTED story and characters, Its a unique gem. unfortunaly i gave up on it...the combat is just....so...awful... this time boring is the right word for it, but ill come back from where I left eventualy, its just a matter of time.

Drakengard 3? So its true....the oracle was right. wait....it is going to tie with NieR!?!? ....I...cant believe it!!! those are wonderful news!

Sure. I got it when i bought my xbox. I know i have it, but i still need to find it. LOL.

The talk about a certain old lady got me curious...so i will definitely try!

12 hours in the forum and have tons of stuff to play...YAY!

The last game i played on my xbox was Dante's Inferno, and it was pretty good. The game reminded a la very old ps1 game. Soul Reaver...well, old times.

Here goes the cd case image...

Legacy_Of_Kain_Soul_Reaver_pal-front.jpg

Yup, As Blade-chan said, its a love or hate game, but definately worth a shot, the old lady sidequest is trully worth of mention!

Hehe, glad you are enjoying your stay here Rei-san, Im also having a great time, sooo much happened just a few hours after i created my account its unbelievable! Awesome community :D/>

Edit: Sorry about the double post, i just realised it, the multiquote option isnt working for me, so this mess happened =(